1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

About this "terrorism" crap

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Ground Chuk, 31 Oct 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Lets not forget the Evangelical guy who just got busted for snorting meth and having a homosexual relationship on the side :lol:

All whilst starring in a video against homosexuals :rolleyes:

Agreed :lol:

2. Naw, you're doing such a fabulous job of putting words in my mouth. What I am saying is homosexual activity is sinful. Interestingly enough, I was not the one to bring up the issue of *hate*, test was.

Try again:)

3. noooo..he just bought it...he didn't DO it...and may or may not have gotten a massage...*nod*

oh...btw..i talking about the gay mess...being..how do we deal with it? how do we approach that subject...thats what they *hate* about it..not that they specifically hate gay folks...

*lotus postion*must remember...some folks read into things too literally...ohhhmm....

Last edited: 8 Nov 2006
  4. Hamma

Officer
    :rofl:

5. wasnt' he like..the leader of the new life church or something too? some bigwig fella...heh...

it is a shame that there are folks out there that do cast a negative light on peoples faith...makes it so much harder to get their point across...

6. Great. We've established this fact, oh, 13 or so pages ago. We've also gone roughly that many pages without hearing a single, solitary, credible source for your beliefs. Not one. You spend your posts dismissing valid arguments by using your own religion's logic, and dodging ones you either don't want to, or can't answer.

I'm putting words in your mouth? Then start using some words for yourself. Answer the questions already.

7. Because men and women are created in the image of God to be joined together for His purpose.

Because no life can be created from it.

This is an interesting group of folks. I argued for years in the ACLU forums (polictics there, not matters of faith) and the mantra was "no link = no evidence or support for your argument. Here it's "No link. We don't want links. Just tell us what you think."

I believe homosexual behavior is sinful and all sexual activity outside of the marriage of a man and a woman is sinful. Can ya tell that wasn't copied from somewhere else or do I need one of you to come here to my house to look over my shoulder to see if I really typed that myself? LOL!!!

Glad I was able to throw in tonight's *cool word*.

8. And before you reiterate that 'religion' and 'catholicism' are somehow different, followed closely by completely dodging/missing Kai's point:

re‧li‧gion  /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
    2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
    3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
    4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
    5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
    6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

9. That's because we like to express things in our own words, not somebody else's. So we've established that you believe it is morally wrong to engage in homosexual activities. We've also established that you believe this because your religion states that it is so.

Not told what to do, not a sheep, not a handicap etc etc etc etc. Sounds like a serious case of denial.

10. I have been, you just chose not to read them apparently:)

We can continue another 50 pages if you want. I am content to continue repeating as many of the Teachings of the Catholic Church as you give me opportunities to do so. You can repeat your canards about sources till the sky falls down--or till Christ comes again, whichever comes 1st.

The reality is, you reject my Faith. You do so in as condescending a fashion as possible. I will read you doing so the next 50 pages if that is what you desire to write. If you never change your mind in the next 10,000 years, that's fine by me, though I will continue to pray for you. It doesn't make my faith any less valid than it did when you dodged the issue of Fatima earlier in the discussion.

11. Nope. You've tried to pass that canard off as fact. I have no doubt you will continue to do so.

Yes, you do. But I will keep praying for you anyway:)

12. Hamma

Officer
    Yes he was a big hitter (or catcher :D ) name is Ted Haggard.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/03/haggard.allegations/index.html

13. To throw something else in here...

----------------------------------------

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

----------------------------------------

This set of rules and beliefs is a lot more practical than many of the outlandish beliefs of major religions. Five points to the first person who can tell me where it's from.

14. If you ask 10 different people from the same backgrounds, you're still going to get 10 different answers because a person's position is always based not only on their religion, but their ethical and moral views.

At the end of the day, religions seem to like contradicting each other just out of hypocrytical spite.

I also liked your literature-post, Arg :)

15. so..the only thing a hetro couple has on a gay couple as far as...sin..in this context...is the fact that they can propogate? sounds like a pretty archaic belief for this time period...but..im tired...and i gotta go to bed...at least one of my questions have been answered...

16. isn't that from the satans handbook or satans bible or some such thing?

17. Church of Satan

18. Go Go Controversial names!! =D

19. i win!!! you lose!!! WINNAR ME!!! LOOOOSAR YOU!@!!!

err..did i win? :( it has something to do with the "evil one" mmuuuaahahahaha...

20. Nice definition. Very detailed. Appreciate you taking the time to share it.

For me, the term *religion* is an empty/ all-encompassing term that the meaning has been diluted from to where, in this secular society, it's used as negative--in many instances, rightfully so. This is why I see myself as "practicing a religion" but as living the Faith. I am a practicing Catholic, doing my absolute best to live out my faith in as Christ-like a fashion as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.