1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

About this "terrorism" crap

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Ground Chuk, 31 Oct 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleep well!

2. So you're saying you are against homosexuality, even if the church isn't involved? That is the only way one can look at it if my previous statement was incorrect.

Lol, I have teamspeak witnesses for this one. I called your post my friend. I *knew* you would answer that way.

You say one thing and change it around once someone quotes you on it. Easily done, but it makes you look foolish.

As for praying for me, it's your time to waste. I don't think by praying to your god will you bring any good to this world.

3. Yup.

Kewl. Hope ya won 5 bucks on it. You know what I will say next? Tell me now so I can get the spelling right, please:)

That's fine. I am content to look as foolish in your eyes as you wish me to look. I'm not here for me.

Thankfully, He always has, is now, and will continue to be the source of all goodness.

Here's something recited at every Catholic Mass. I believe every word of it. Wish I had been taught it when I was small so I could have developed my faith sooner and saved myself many many years of being angry, bitter and obsessed with myself.

I'm thankful I've been taught this. It is one of many anchors which make up my Faith in Christ and the Teachings of His Catholic Church.

We believe in one God,
    the Father, the Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, light from light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made,
    of one Being with the Father;
    through him all things were made.
    For us and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven,
    was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
    and became truly human.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered death and was buried.
    On the third day he rose again
    in accordance with the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],
    who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
    who has spoken through the prophets.
    We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
    We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
    We look for the resurrection of the dead,
    and the life of the world to come. Amen.

If being taught this means I'm blindly following the Teachings of the Church in your eyes; Thanks be to God!
    If believing this means I am unable to think for myself in your eyes; Thanks be to God!

4. Can you chant?

5. Naw, I can't. Too many years singing rock n roll in clubs and bars. I have threatened to join the choir at a particular parish because they only sing more traditional, older hymns. I've often wondered what the reaction would be to a very loud Bob Segerish/Bon Scottish version of the Kyrie. :p

6. Thank you for your honest answer. That's all I was asking for. Unfortunately it isn't just my eyes. But I'm sure you see that.

7. Was being honest all along. Truth of the matter is, following the Teachings of the Church has opened my eyes so that I see the world more clearly and taught me to think more clearly than ever before. If that means I am blindly following the Church and unable to think on my own, based on what you've written, I am content.

May the Peace of Our Lord be with you, Kai!

Last edited: 8 Nov 2006
  8. It's a pet peeve of mine to have that said to me, as I attended a catholic high school, and had enough religion forced on me for one lifetime. So you can see where I'm coming from when I say please don't impose your beliefs on me by saying the peace of your lord be with me. Respect my belief as I've respected yours. This is one thing you don't want to cross me on. It shouldn't piss me off as much as it does but you don't know the bullshit I had to endure through my high school years. There was no freedom of religion.

You would find it annoying if I were to post "May you see past religion someday" at the end of each of my posts, would you not?

9. Wishing the Peace of the Lord upon you is an act of kindness to me. Please do not impose your beliefs upon me by asking me not to do what I know to be a truly good thing.

I've seen no respect from you at all in this thread until the post before this one. If respecting your belief means I have to disregard mine, no thank you.

Is this a threat?

I'm not imposing anything upon you. It's not my fault you feel you didn't experience any freedom of religion in your high school years.

Actually, I wouldn't find it annoying at all. There's nothing you can ever say that is going to offend me or make me angry or annoy me.

May the Peace of Our Lord be with you, always!

10. I've agreed to disagree. Something you're acting too big to do. If you can't respect my request, then so be it. You'll be the first person to hit my ignore list in the 6 or so years I've been around these forums. Either way doesn't matter to me. Don't see how hard it would be to simply respect my request.

11. Perhaps I'd consider it an act of kindness to the gene pool to castrate you while you sleep. Please do not impose your beliefs on me by asking me not to do what I truely believe would be a good thing. Then again, maybe you could just show a bit of respect to one of your own clanmates, since being another human being apparently doesn't mean anything to you.

You're a common troll and i can't figure out why any of these people even bother replying to you, let alone game with you. You make all religous people look like a bunch of arrogant, unreasonable jackasses, instead of what they mostly are. Reasonable enough people who hold different beliefs that I happen to and think are rather silly.

12. I think the real discussion is why you guys aren't in game as opposed to writing up long lengthy posts... (i'm saying i remember when cdl played games together)

13. Just for the record.

Show me where you showed me respect and we can talk.

Wowzers, when did I ever say you had to do that?

14. Actually, Verdictis, on the subject of prayer being worth anyone's time... a while back scientists conducted a double-blind study to see if the power of prayer really could heal. A number of truly believing and devout christians were asked to pray for a certain number of ill patients with nasty diseases. The people recieving the prayers didn't know it. There were two control groups as well: people who didn't recieve prayers at all, and people who didn't recieve prayer but were TOLD they did.

The result of the study:

The people who weren't prayed for and weren't told they were being prayed for did the best. The people who weren't prayed for but were told they were prayed for did second best. Ironically, the people who were being prayed for, on average, got sicker.

15. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol:

We still play plenty of games.

To bad there are no good team games out right now eh? :p Besides, you guys use your forum extensivly and still play games do you not? ;)

Last edited: 9 Nov 2006

16. not a one...and it makes me quite frustrated...wow is even losing steam with me...i was gonna play my medal of honor there for a bit...but ive lost my first cd...picked up some 10 dollar game at comp usa...wow was that a waste of ten bucks...bought some strategy game...the AI kicks my ass like no other AI has before plus i have no instructions..that kinda makes it hard....i want a tribes like game to come out again :( well..one that doesn't suck...

17. now..if praying for someone makes YOU feel better yet the person would rather not have it...how is that a good thing? what about respecting anothers wishes? or is that something not touched on in the teachings of your religion? im sure im gonna mess up the quote here and im sure you will correct me..i would rather you not actually...but "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

i think we are mincing common courtesy with a belief here...and thats where alot of the problems lie im seeing...when common courtesy..regardless of faith or beliefs trample on someone elses well being...it really does nothing to promote belief or support to anyones cause...usually..when some ones says...please quit poking me in the eye(please quit praying for me)...usually it means...quit poking them in the eye(quit praying for them)they dont like it...and discussions go absolutly nowhere when someone is continually being poked in the eye...

18. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Agreed.

So I am reading your post and discover Sloganizer came up with an interesting sig for you.
    :rofl:

19. ha! now don't that just beat all....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.