1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

About this "terrorism" crap

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Ground Chuk, 31 Oct 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree we disagree as well.

Based on your writings since i joined this discussion, I'm not surprised at your statement.

I cannot in good conscience do as you have asked.

If you feel the need to put me on ignore, that is your choice. No one is twisting your arm:)

Because to stop praying for anyone violates every tennant of my Faith. You might as well ask me to stop breathing.

May the Peace of Our Lord be with you, Kai!

Last edited: 9 Nov 2006
  2. You're assumption is flawed in that you write as if you think I am praying for Kai (or anyone for that matter) to make me feel better. I am earnestly asking God, the Father to Bless Kai, always.

When I feel the need to ask God to make me feel better I pray for my needs specifically.

What about it?

As I recall, the Teachings of the Church instruct us to pray for everyone, period.

I'd rather you get the quote right and if you do not, I'm going to correct you.

Looks correct to me.

Guess we are headed nowhere then.

May the Peace of Our Lord be with you this day, test!

3. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

pray in your mind if you have to pray for other people...

4. You certainly can:)

5. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

6. I come to rapture to heaven those who have faith.

7. Hamma

Officer
    I'm in.

8. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

:lol: im not religious .... but preaching to other ppl if they dont want it is highly unacceptable

9. I agree!

10. See... here is what you are not getting Verd.

It is your right.... even, your obligation (as you see it)... for you to pray for anyone and everyone according to your religious beliefs. Correct?

We are not asking you not to pray for those that you feel need prayer.

What we are asking is that you stop putting the "May the Peace of Our Lord be with you this day, < insert name here >" at the end of your posts.

While it is your right to pray for everyone. Not everyone wants to see it. So all that we are asking is for you to not put it there.
    Pray all you want.
    Just don't tell the people that you are doing it.
    Especially if they don't want you to.

Lets say, for example, I find the need to start signing all of my posts

Verdictis is a Jackass.

Would that make you happy?
    Would you want me to stop?
    Would you ask me to stop?
    Would you get mad if I told you "No. My beliefs require me to keep letting everyone in the world know that you are a Jackass"

See, it's not about what your beliefs are or are not. It's about common courtesy and respecting the emotions and feelings of others.

In closing, you can respect other people.

Or you can keep being a Jackass.

11. Yup

Okkie dokkie

Not going to happen.

No, thank you. Freedom of Religion does not = freedom from religion.

Nope, I would not get angry.

Up to the point I feel it violates my emotions, feelings and beliefs.

I sure can and do.

Okkie dokkie. Guess I will keep being, as you describe it, a *jackass*. I'll gladly add to it all the other names I've been called since I entered this discussion along with a a subtle threat.

Here's what you and a few others aren't getting, Arglarr. You will have to throw me out of CDL and the forums to stop reading my prayers for people in this thread. Based on what I've read so far regarding the issue of courtesy and respect-- it only goes one way; in favor of the atheists.

That's okay. I stated clearly a few posts ago I wasn't in this disussion for myself.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2006
  12. Hamma

Officer
    :rofl:

Now it's in your sig.

You really don't get it do you - at 40 years old or whatever you say you are you sure act like you are nowhere near that age. It's like you are sitting at your computer with a blindfold on.

If you don't have the common courtesy to respect your own teammates wishes, I'd hate to know what its like to have you as a father.

I think with that little stunt you will make it on to a bunch of ignore lists, and it's unfortunate really. :(

13. I agree. It's sad my a few of my teammates don't have enough common courtesy to respect me and my beliefs. From where I sit, if I end up on some ignore lists it will be sad, because doing so says far more about them than me.

Regarding my kids: 20, 18 and 18. 1 in college with a 3.4 gpa. 1 reports for Air Force boot camp Sept 4 2007, 3.5 gpa and the other is going into nursing school next year with a 3.25 gpa.

You prolly would hate me as a father as I'm not interested in whether my kids like me or not:)

14. As a Pastafarian(follower of FSM), your constant talk of your beliefs have made me uncomfortable on several occasions, to the point where you are violating some of my own beliefs. I do not try to impose my religion on you, yet every time I read your thread, I feel you are saying your God is the only God. Please refrain from imposing on me what I know to be truly good. I believe Hamma, as a new Pastafarian, has also voiced his concerns.

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his noodly appendage always, Verdictis!

15. And may the Peace of the Lord be with you always as well, Ourboros!

16. And may the Flying Spaghetti Monster touch you with his noodly appendage always, Verdictis!

17. :)

18. Hamma

Officer
    Well it's time for me to exercise my right as co-admin and lock this thread, I think it's done far more than run it's course and should end before people start to get personal. Thank's to everyone who participated in the positive parts of the debate :p

Nothing to see here.. Please move along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.