1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Age of Conan Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Sentrosi, 22 Apr 2008.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Well, seeing as how there is talk about this game, I thought it might be a good idea as to get a gauge of who is going to be playing this game.

I'll be pre-ordering the Collector's Edition tomorrow.

2. WarWolf

WarWolf DragonWolf DragonWolf

Damn Sent, I was gonna toss this up today myself. One step ahead of me :)I'm in already and looking at trying to get us on one server to start with as well as some other friends of mine. Not sure if I'm going with the CE yet.

What's with the new sig? Didn't know you were a Pulp Fiction fan.

Does Marsellus Wallace look like a bitch?

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I know I am going to give the beta a whirl in a couple weeks, after that I will know whether or not I am going to invest in it long term :D

4. WarWolf

You will... you will...

5. Hamma

Officer
    Well it does have gratuitous violence and boobies.

2 of my favorite things so things are looking up :p

6. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

Count me in for AoC.

7. Doomhawk

Doomhawk Council of Elders<BR>UberPigeon Elder DragonWolf

Ill probably try it out just for the hell of it, maybe it will supprise me. Im probably going to move to warhammer as my primary game when its released, but well see.

8. Never got in on the beta here. Let me know how it goes. I'm very interested in this game. I hear it's going to be very demanding graphically. I also hear that the positional combat and fighting styles will be very important in this game. Is these assumptions accurate?

9. Hamma

Officer
    Dunno on the graphics but yea the combat from what I've read isn't just click and auto attack, you actually control the motions and attacks of your character and can take advantage of the enemy from different angles etc.

The beta on the 1st of May is an open beta, I know you will be able to get it through fileplanet not sure where else.

EDIT:

Pretty good FAQ
    http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp...UBLISH&template=news_no_feature&selected=1093

Last edited: 23 Apr 2008
  10. Just put in my preoder for the CE at Amazon. Was cheaper, and looks like gamestop has taken their CE's off. Get an amazon bow instead of a mount. From what I hear though you can use bow well to about 40 and can't use mount until 40.

Also still sounds very buggy, especially since it just went gold and open beta won't start for another week. I just hope the servers are fairly stable for the early weekend and we don't loose hours of levels. Lets defintely try and find a good server though.

11. Sentrosi

Officer
    One of my top ten movies of all time.

You should look up Pulp Fiction + Shakespere sometime. Some good reading, if you can get past Bill S.

12. Hamma

Officer
    Pulp Fiction rocks :D

They are starting to give away open beta keys randomly on FilePlanet for anyone who has a sub.

13. Got one and started the DL. Going to try and just take most of the classes up a few levels to figure out what I like. The necro and herald sound pretty fun.

14. Hamma

Officer
    Been clicking on and off the dumb thing for 2 days and keep seeing "Distributed" but haven't got a key yet :lol:

Doesn't matter it doesn't actually start till May 1.

13gb :eek:

15. Hamma

Officer
    Got a key finally, man what a huge ass game - good thing I have over a week to DL it :lol:

16. WarWolf

Well?!?

17. Hamma

Officer
    Beta doesn't start till the first

18. WarWolf

DOH!

:D

19. Sentrosi

Officer
    Just got the client now. Downloading. :)

20. i played pvp beta (which is not covered by any nda) and I liked what I saw enough to want to preorder it. After seeing some vids of Warhammer online recently I am thinking conan is going to be a better fit for me. I am west coast so im not sure if I will end up on the same server since I will be playing with a lot of friends from school here. I can always have 2 servers I guess :p