1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Any players here who use a H.O.T.A.S. for SC?

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Amarog, 17 Dec 2015.

1. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting a H.O.T.A.S. for the first time in my life. Flying in space with those sticks seems like THE THING :) I must admit, I haven't been playing SC for a while now, due to moving and work. But now I'm pretty much settled and I have more time. I've read we are in Alpha 2.0 at the moment and the Baby PU is up and running. (Did not test it out yet, but I'm planning to!)

So, I've googled a bit around and saw a lot of people are using pedals too. Is this really necessary?
    Further more, I'm planning on buying the H.O.T.A.S. Warthog. A good choice? It seems a very descent device.

Well, any remarks?

Greetz
    Amarog.

2. If you can wait, might be beneficial to see what the Star Citizen controllers look like. I say controllers as they are offering a whole suit of interchangeable items, including keyboard(s), mouse, joysticks (some with built in trackballs for precision aiming), throttles, joystick + throttle, I think that's it. Lots of components are meant to connect up with one another.

[​IMG]

As for pedals, really depends. I've talked to some folks that have integrated them into their setup as strafe controls and they seem to really enjoy it.

3. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

That picture, is that what the SC H.O.T.A.S. will look like? And wait... Well, yeah, I can wait, no problem. The game is in Alpha 2.0. So it's still a long road from ready.

Is there an update about the SC H.O.T.A.S. ?

4. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

I read that a lot of people use a two stick setup with pedals. That would give more immersion then with a H.O.T.A.S. ? The stick mostly mentioned is the T.16000M. I actually can't spin my head around it... How does this two stick thing actually work? Is the left stick for acceleration and such?

5. I will be waiting until there is a proper review out for this new suite of controllers, but if I don't like what I see, I suspect the X-55 will be way forward for most of us who don't have a HOTAS system yet.

6. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

I'm hoping they come out fast with more info on their own H.O.T.A.S. I'll be waiting a bit more and see what's coming up.

7. Traceroute

Traceroute DragonWolf

as far as using a H.O.T.A.S in SC I am not sure. I use an X52 for elite dangerous and I find at least for elite it makes flying a lot easier. I am trying to limit my SC time so I don't get burned out on the game before it comes out.

8. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

Thanks for the feedback.

9. In case anyone wants a hotas set, Newegg has the thrustmaster warthog for $300 (link to slickdeals as source) http://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/8526909 profile to use it in SC is on thrustmaster's site

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

10. Amarog

Amarog DragonWolf

Any news on a HOTAS? Is the X56 Rhino worth it? :)