1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Anyone have an Xbox one and racing wheel?

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by kSetuni, 18 Nov 2014.

1. Hey everyone,

Im about to get an Xbox one and a forza game or two. Does anyone else have one? Seems like I have read a lot of bad reviews about the madcats and the TH wheels so I'm a little leery. I used to race with a logitech G27 wheel and loved it and it seems like there si a work around to make it work on teh Xbox one, but I'd love to talk with someone who has actually done it.

Thanks

2. I had a madcats one for my 360 and it sucked. I don't have an Xbone so i dunno.

3. yeah I've never had much luck with madcats stuff. If I am going to drop $400 for a wheel i want ti to be reliable and work well. Thats why I am leaning towards the g27 again cause I know its solid and reliable.

4. Stang and I have Forza 5 and Horizon, wheel is on the radar, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. She's looking at just going with the Thrustmaster VG.

5. I really can't say I know much about wheels. If it was joysticks I'd have a wealth of information. ^^;

6. So you like the games? I can't decide between the two as I like aspects of both.

If I went with a dedicated wheel, currently it would be a TH. I may get the games and wait, even though it may feel weird. I am still doing the research for how easy it is to setup a G27 with a dongle to use. The main downside is that voice comms cant work, and that is honestly why I game online.

I know we don't support consoles, but do you know any good groups over there? Any recommendations for a headset?

7. I keep trying to compare the PS4 and the Xbone, and while I like the model of playstations business and how they handle many aspects, vs microsoft realizing they are screwing themselves and have to fix what should be common sense decisions, the xbone seems to have more games I'd play and enjoy.

Ultimately I'm trying to find something to fill the gap until star citizen comes out.

8. I like Horizon more than Forza 5, it's a bit more arcade like, I get a little bored with sim racing. Stang likes them both, she's always been into Forza.

I'm more into Xbox than PC at the moment, my friends are mostly from people I know from PC. You can find a list of DW gamertags here.

9. lauragibs8

lauragibs8 Guest

thanks a bunch for this guys really