1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

APB - All Points Bulletin

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hamma, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    But you have to get naked for epics....

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Supposedly if you open a ticket with EA they will give you a free game in exchange for this one going offline. However when I attempted it they told me they aren't doing it.. so your mileage may vary. :lol:

3. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Apparently if you bought it through Steam you get the free game, they're still deciding whether to do it for those who bought it retail or from another source..

4. Hamma

Officer
    Bought it through steam and they shafted me :/

5. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    I guess it seems it's up to EA whether or not they want to give you anything on a case by case basis. This kind of thing is precisely why I loathe the whole "lifetime subscription" model or other lures to get you to pay a good chunk of money on something that isn't released yet, or is completely unproven.
    If you could guarantee me the game would have the longevity and popularity of WoW or EVE, fine; but these games are getting to be more and more of a gamble each time one is released.

6. Hamma

Officer
    Aye, all I want is my 50$ for the game back or a credit but that is appearing more and more unlikely. People suggest trying over and over with another agent but that is to much work. :lol:

They were giving credits/free games on the EA store for everyone the past week but it appears they have changed things. :|

7. I'm sorry it all went pear-shaped for you guys. I know I was extremely arrogant before about the game when it finally came to an North American Beta, but I did enjoy the "Cops N' Robbers" concept and had hoped it had been produced a lot better.

Then again, LOTRO goes F2P in the Fall and there is The Old Republic next year; hopefully with a far better engine than SWG shipped with and never really bothered to improve.

8. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Like I said before, for me it's TOR or bust.

9. Planetside 2!!! someday.... hopefully.. meh.

10. Hamma

11. I was just at walmart the other day, the game is still on the shelf

12. Hamma