1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

ArmA 3

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by waldizzo, 27 Feb 2013.

1. My interest in this lies in the DayZ standalone game, which will be running on the ArmA 3 engine. Not sure how interested in ArmA 3 itself I am. The new engine definitely looks good, though.

2. I was under the impression DayZ Standalone was going to running on a ARMA 2.5 engine, has that changed?

3. I'd be very interested in trying this out if we have a group of folks playing. I always wanted to try ARMA, but didn't know anyone else that played.

4. Game looks cool, but I have a problem now after being the the military for 8 1/2 years and then trying to find enjoyment in a military sim game.

5. I'll be picking it up even though I never really played Arma 2 outside of DayZ. I like the way they're doing their testing and want to encourage that kind of activity with my wallet. Also, Arma 2 has a billion mods for it, I assume 3 will as well.

Swad, I think DayZ SA is still running on a heavily modified version of the arma 2 engine.

6. So they weren't able to go with their original plans on releasing it on the ArmA 3 engine? Bummer. Earlier on in talking about the standalone game they mentioned using the new engine.

7. Last edited: 5 Mar 2013
  8. Just purchased. It also supplies you with 3 alpha keys, to share. If anyone wants to try it out, let me know.

9. Loved 2 for about a year, before I got bored of the gamestyle of the mini-group I was playing it with. Just never found a company worth playing it with again.a

3 looks even better, and in some ways that is a shocking idea.

10. If you have a spare key, I'll check it out.

11. Just read that they unlock the alpha keys(will also have limited access) until the 13th, I'll pm you one as soon as they are good.

12. always up for shoosting ppl....and yes i spelled it shoosting

13. The editor that came with the alpha is awesome. Having a lot of fun just setting up crazy things in the editor. I'm still really bad at shooting in this game just like I was in dayz.

14. alpha lite keys are live