1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hamma, 20 Nov 2009.

1. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    If anyone sees Phoebus on Teamspeak (PhoebusQ in game) its a friend from work :D Just need to get him to apply.. ;)

2. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    hahaha.. funny..

I AM getting a bit sick of these games being made for consoles, and then simply ported over to the PC though..

As long as something like this holds us over until a new planetside game can come along I'm alright with it..

3. Hamma

Officer
    :lol:

Agreed with Asp 110%

The 32 player thing I don't have a problem with. More than that just performs badly in most standard FPSs. It's pretty lame that PC has to swallow the limited options of a Console game when it is capable of so much more.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2010
  4. Speaking of PS2... any new info on it?

5. Hamma

Officer
    Nope, nothin.. been trying. hehe

6. Hamma

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Not really. You weren't in the Age of Conan beta. That code was still screwed up even after release! They never installed any performance tweaks because they were still getting all the checkum data from the servers and clients. At least we aren't crashing every 3 minutes like AoC!

8. Hamma

Officer
    Last night I was freezing in BF constantly and CTDing :( They did some kind of behind the scenes server side crap that messed stuff up.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2010
  9. Hamma

10. My fucking Steam account got hacked... so until they fix it im out for awhile.

11. Hamma

Officer
    So the patch last night didn't help me at all.

So I set out on a mission to figure out WTF the deal is with this game.

My motherboard is pretty overclock friendly, I had my system OC'd a while back and stopped doing it about a year ago for no particular reason.

So last night I started messing with overclocking, I got my mem FSB around par and my CPU from 2.4 to 3.4. I don't think my memory was running at the right speed on AUTO all along.

After I did that, the game runs on FULL graphics with zero FPS slowdowns at all. I can't even believe how much better its running it is like I bought a new system.

That pretty much settles the fact that this game is TOTALLY CPU dependent which is indicative of a console port. If anyone is thinking about upgrading video cards (unless you have a really old one) don't bother right now. It is ALL CPU. I am running a GF 9800 GTX with only 256 of onboard and it is running like a charm.

12. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I haven't gotten into game since last week, so whatever patch or improvements they've made is pretty much invisible to me. Having read what Hamma has discovered, a mild overclock on my 8400 Wolfdale might be in order. It's running 3.0Ghz stock, but I have a beefy cooler on it right now, so perhaps a mild overclock should be done. Maybe I can get it up to 3.6ghz and we'll see what happens.

13. Hamma

Officer
    Played hardcore mode the first time last night.. really enjoyed it. You don't have to pump 300 rounds into someone for them to die. It feels like teamwork is far more paramount when everyone isnt showing up on a mini map.

Supposedly beta ends this Thursday.

14. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Only thing I didn't like about hardcore, was the imbalance of some elements..

Didn't like snipers before? Hardcore turns your cross-eyed, run of the mill, generally-team-useless, hits-once-in-a-blue-moon recon guy into a one man killing machine.. Prepare for self eye gouge out of frustration.. Snipers were fine as before where it required at least a half ounce of talent; it separated the actual recon players from the cabbages who like to have a picnic on top of a big hill, waiting to be mortared to death..

T90s become disgustingly overpowered, even unrepaired it took 3 passes fully unloading from an apache to bring one down. Not sure if that's an accurate reflection of their real world power, but nothing that can dish out the damage it can should be THAT hard to kill.

I'd be curious to see if you could adapt "some" of the hardcore elements into your server when you play; in terms of customization. That would be interesting. i.e. one Saiga per team (learn to actually shoot something properly), or "no knife for Mani" filter.

15. Hamma

Officer
    I liked it much better it added more of an element of realism It's ridiculous how many times you have to shoot people sometimes to make them die. You also don't know where fire is coming from so people aren't hunting you down the second they die. My few experiences with the T-90 it died pretty quick.

As far as snipers, it seems almost everyone on the attacking team rolls one :lol: but it adds more of a need to find cover than in normal mode. It also means the attacking team loses constantly because half the team is snipers.. hahaha. It would be nice if there was a limit on how many of a certain class you could roll.

I'm not sure if they are going to allowed much, or any server customization. We are pretty stuck with EA controlling the server executables. :|

Asp will do anything to take Mani's knife away :rawr:

Last edited: 22 Feb 2010
  16. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    We need a Mani Knife filter for the CDL server.:rawr:

17. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

jen, I will never knife you! You are my fav medic! :love:

18. He says that now... until he tricks you and steals your dog tag.

19. I shalst be joining you soon. I just hope my athlon 64 4200+ has enough juice to not run the game like crap. Bout time to build a new rig though.