1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Been a while...

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Fox, 9 Sep 2004.

1. It’s been a while, and things have changed. Those days of never being able to play may finally be over for me, as I have just begun my freshman year of college. We’ll see how that develops.

I’ve been thinking about the CDL a lot lately. Maybe it’s because I saw some of you while playing Tribes 2 over the summer. Maybe it’s because I got my hands on the Tribes: Vengeance Beta. Or maybe it’s because Mijahu’s been pestering my lazy ass to join up again. Perhaps I’m just being overly nostalgic, looking for something that I once, and still do, hold cherished as I venture into the college world.

Whatever the reason, I felt quite obligated to at least poke my head up from my foxhole and say hello. Even though I know that the Dragonwolves will always have a spare set of armor for me, I still feel as if I’m encroaching upon something that has moved on without me [to even greater heights,] and that I would only be hindering the progress by trying to come back now. I no longer have the skill that I once did, meager as it was, in almost any game that the Dragonwolves play. Sure, I play America’s Army, and I do have M-24 and M-82 certification, but anyone can do that if they are willing to put the time into it / edit a few AA files. And, aside from the sniping, I’m usually used as a human shield when it comes down to it.

You know what, let’s start over: Hello everyone! There are probably a few of you that remember me, many of you have no idea who I am. I used to be active in the Tribes 1 / 2 games with the CDL before time issues [also known as homework / parents] brought my gaming to a relative halt, forcing me to take a very long, entirely unwated vacation from the CDL. Now that I’m in college [Go Blue!], I hope to start playing alongside the honorable CDL once again and to help in any way that I can to assure the victory of the Dragonwolves over their foes in battle.

Much better. Now all I need to do is get started on writing up an application. [Shouldn’t be as hard as the one to get into college was!]

As Always, a Dragonwolf Now and Forever,
    Fox

2. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

No application needed, go get your armor on and get into a squad, Dragon Wolf!
    :love:
    Welcome back, Fox! :D

3. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    :hi: Fox

4. Welcome back and let me know if you want to play AA with us. :D

5. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

Welcome back Fox

6. Heya Fox, good to see you're around again, hope college goes well. Freshman year is a blast.

:cheers:

7. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

Hey fox, welcome back man!

8. Bastion (K)

Bastion (K) <font color="red">World of Warcraft Division</font

Good to see ya Fox , been since T-1 last time i saw ya playin ...

-Bas

9. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I take it that you are a Wolverine up in Ann Arbor?

10. Or maybe Duke? :)

11. Yup. Up in Ann Arbor now. Nice and beautiful here...until the winter, that is.

12. :hi:

Ahhhhh freshman year at college ....:blink: :blink:...that's right...I don't really remember the first year of college... :cheers: :drunk:

13. Nice to meet ya....used to know a fox that lived in Wixom.......oh well...welcome back :)

14. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

winter ain't nothing where you go to school

15. Ain't my fault you went 100 miles north past Michigan's 'Civilization Ends Here' line to go to college, Mij :p

16. LOL...it get cold in Wayland but I wouldn't even like to imagin what its like around the aplena or the up

17. I'm a few hundred miles past alpena ... heh I go to school in Houghton, MI pretty close to being the northmost point in the michigan UP.

**Edit

There's a lot of snow but the temperature isn't too bad. Superior seems to moderate the weather a bit. Marquette gets it 10x worse than us, every time I drive through that place after November 1st it's a blizzard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Sep 2004
  18. See? 100 miles past the line :p