1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Being invited into the Arena Commander alpha isn't the same thing as being accepted into the larg...

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by TheBladeRoden, 7 Aug 2014.

1. er Star Citizen alpha (and hense beta) correct?

2. If you bought a package that comes with alpha and beta access it includes access to all future modules. CIG just releases them in parts until all the parts are ready to combine into the beta.

3. I would say no. The email was probably just sent out from Citizen Number X to Citizen Number Y regardless of their package status.

To play the multiplayer Arena Commander module, you must have, at the minimum, the AURORA MR PLUS package, plus an ARENA COMMANDER MODULE PASS.

Note: You may also be able to have the AURORA MR package plus the Arena Commander Module Pass, but you will not have beta access into the
    persistent universe when that becomes available.

4. Just to clarify, Star Citizen is being released modularly. It is not a typical alpha/beta release.

1. Hangar Module (available, free with purchase of any game package)
    2. Dogfighting Module (Arena Commander, must have previous package with alpha access or an Arena Commander Module Pass)
      1. First Iteration (single seat ships, i.e. Aurora, 300i, Hornet)
      2. Arena Commander II: Revenge of the Vanduul (multi-crew ships, i.e. Constellation, Freelancer)
      3. Arena Commander III: Heart of the Empire (FPS boarding and Capture the Idris mode)
    3. FPS Boarding Module (it is entirely possible that this was lumped into the Arena Commander III module, therefore I'm not sure another pass will be required for this part)
    4. Social / Planetside Module (must have previous package with alpha access or a pass for this module; planetside locations, such as bars, and the ability to visit other citizens' hangars)
    5. Persistent Universe Module (this is when the game will enter an official beta; all packages, aside from the basic Aurora MR package, will have access, currently, to the beta)
    Squadron 42 will be released as individual single player campaigns, as they are finished, to all backers.

tl;dr Alpha releases are modular, requiring passes to be bought for each one, unless you have a package with alpha access. Beta will not be until the persistent universe is ready.

5. Now I'm thinking it may have been just a deceptively worded newsletter

Last edited: 9 Aug 2014