1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

BF3 features..

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Asp, 19 Aug 2011.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

So I played some of the multiplayer to see if it is all it is cracked up to be. Honestly, it isn't better than BFBC2 in my opinion. The graphics aren't as clean, the lighting is difficult to see in - it is like they regressed. Now, to be honest, I have heard they aren't using the DX11 yet, so that may be the issue there. But one thing that they really need to look at is the knife-kill sequence. Yes, I took a few sets of tags, but good grief, the kill sequence lasts like 3-4 seconds and in combat, that is death. Why I say that is you are stuck standing there defenseless while the sequence unfolds.

:eek:

I really hope they go back to the BFBC2 timing. You could run up, kill, and run on with barely a delay. This one you will die if there is anyone within shooting distance. I took three or four sets of tags and died every single time after taking them.

The maps are pretty much the same as BFBC2, but it feels more like CS than the BF series, at least in my opinion. I was looking for something super-duper impressive that was new to this next installment, but I can't quite find any one thing thus far that stands out.

There are some clipping issues in the maps. Stuff flying through walls but not actually going through them...more like clipping through. I can say that the weapons are cool and the sound is delicious. If you get an unlock with a laser, you can actually blind the enemy (or your friends) by shining it at them. Kind of funny, actually. But it will reveal your location too.

Prone position is going to be somewhat of a camping draw, but we will wait and see.

Overall, I am not quite sold yet on it. It isn't different enough from BFBC2 to make me say "It's a better game." Granted, it is beta still. But you throw in the abysmal Battlelog interface and the lack of foresight on the mouse binds...kinda' makes me wonder what happened.

Jury is out yet.

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Well I wouldn't classify this as a simply UI issue - it doesn't work at all. Probably the simplest thing for them to do in the game, that was reported in Alpha still not fixed in beta = epic failure.

They spent to much time negotiating with Jay-Z for the commercials.

3. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I got my email and downloaded the game this afternoon. But now I'm wondering if it is really worth it. I had trepidations in getting the game in the first place, but the fact that CDLers were getting in swayed me. Now seeing the same issues that has plagued this game since BF2 makes me think twice. I've got other diversions to get immersed in right now.

4. i bought the game on 9/25. I got no email.....

so.. Guess I wait. Cant even use the origin chat to discuss it. They have it disabled... lol. bet they are overwhelmed

5. I've got about 45 minutes in so far. Not having mouse button 4 or 5 is messing me up a bit, but I'm sure it'll be put into the game by release. Only other bug I've noticed so far is that if you rebind movement to ESDF, the knife stays bound to F. I was running around for the first few minutes swinging the knife will strafing right and wondering what the hell was happening. I think the scope lens flair is a bit too bright. I like how you cannot toss grenades great distances.

If I remember correctly, bfbc2 beta was also shitty.

I'll be on in an hour or so for more, need to eat.

6. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    I got 99 problems son, but a working UI interface ain't one :p

Last edited: 27 Sep 2011
  7. Asp

Officer
    Definitely true, crappy unusable browser, couldn't change keybinds, lag and horrible server performance.. Some things never change :(

Last edited: 27 Sep 2011
  8. Asp

Last edited: 28 Sep 2011
  9. Hamma

Officer
    :lol:

10. So GTTV spoke to someone from DICE in their recent interview, who revealed the retail-build's planned features for multiplayer:

• 9 Multiplayer Maps (13 if you pre-ordered Back to Karkand with it)
    • 5 Game Modes
    • 45 Customiseable Multiplayer Game Options
    • 40 Player Progrssion Ranks
    That should keep most people busy until they want DLC.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2011
  11. Hamma

12. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

To be uniform, I would like to see all CDL have the format Hamma is mentioning here. So, for example:

-CDL-Manitou

13. Asp

Officer
    So you wont be able to have a solider name different from your origin login name?? Stupid because guess what 3 letter word, doesn't work for an origin name.. At least in BC2 you could have a login name and different soldiers named whatever you wanted..

Or does it let you put -CDL- as part of your login?

edit: and of course, EVERYTHING I put in for a username change is "login already taken", F@#%ing useless EA..

Last edited: 24 Oct 2011
  14. Hamma

Officer
    Put in -CDL- as part of your Origin ID. So you would be -CDL-Asp

On this bad boy:
    http://www.origin.com/ie/change-id

Folks should use -CDL-Name

The Platoon in game does not effect clan tags, so you pretty much have to put it as part of your username. There is a section int he profile that lets you set a clan tag, but then it does [CDL] Yourname.

After all these years Tribes2 still did this best.

Here is our platoon:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391301096654/

Only one this time. ;)

15. Asp

Officer
    Well, ANY variation of -CDL-Asp is "taken", probably by my old BC2 account, and it wont let me deviate from that in any way.. I even typed in a string of random letters and it told me the name is "already taken".. So as far as I go, you're stuck with dvasp, and you can thank EA for that.. Apparently crap ideas and contributing to the common sense vacuum get you a six figure salary there.. :mad:

16. Hamma

Officer
    Seems like something is broken on that form :lol: fail..

I wonder if there is a different one for Canada? The guy did ask what country I was from. Have you tried -CDL-Asp. ?

17. Asp

Officer
    Only punctuation you can use is - and _

So I tried

-CDL-Asp
    CDL-Asp
    -CDL_Asp
    _CDL_Asp
    -CDL--Asp
    -CDL-Asp-
    -CDL-aldjfcoewjflksnmkvsld

all "taken"

nothing.. so ya, the EA part is broken.. Thing is I have a BC2 "Asp." soldier with a period and the CDL part is clantag, so it shouldn't even be interfering with this process.. I remember it not allowing me to do CDL-Asp when I created my Origin id at the beginning..

Methinks it has more do to with being the "facebook of gaming" and less to do with what name your soldier has when you play the game.. Further proof EA just can't do anything without wholly screwing it up somehow..

18. Hamma

19. Doomhawk

Doomhawk Council of Elders<BR>UberPigeon Elder DragonWolf

I'm not even positive what name I'm stuck with now...

Do you not get to pick a new name in the game or are you stuck with the name you have in the origin account? If so that sucks I just ended up using my Daocs warrior name VorathDesarg since vorath and guruth were used.

Whole thing seemed like a major pain in the ass when I tried to setup a new account because it was interfering with other ea accounts and so on.

Wish these company's could just stick to one consistent system instead of changing them constantly.

20. Doomhawk

Doomhawk Council of Elders<BR>UberPigeon Elder DragonWolf