1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Bored!!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by ORANGE, 23 Feb 2006.

1. ORANGE

ORANGE DragonWolf

So I had the day off from school and work today....and no one is responding to my calls (they'll call me back at about 11 tonight again like yesterday prolly) so I thought I'd make a whole new thread about how bored I am.
    I was so bored earlier today I actually went into work and goofed off there for awhile with some people who actually were working. Was good times, till it got boring. I'm totally sucking at UT2k4 and W:ET today too, and don't even get me started on how poorly I was doing in PS. *SiGh* I did buy a new motherboard today though, a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI. Pretty sweet just need my new proc, ram, and gfx card and I'm set.
    :spam: :spam: :spam:

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    49 views and no posts. I'll dive right in.

Working at the State of New York Office for Technology is just like working any other job; it has its highs and lows.

High points that have happened to me this weekend:
    1. Had to write a procedure manual from switching a hi-speed laser printer from one job to another. This was enjoyable for me because I got to actually do something constructive.
    2. Led my shift on a class involving certain procedures when resubmitting a job through InfoPrint; IBM proprietary software designed to run print jobs. I think I'm slowly becoming one of the few people in the whole Department that actually understands how InfoPrint runs. Which is scary.

Low points that have happened to me this weekend:
    1. None so far. Virtually drama free. Hamma, if you thought the WoW episodes of the past were ripe with drama, it don't hold a candle to what could happen around here.

[rant]I just wish some people would grow up and realize that we're all here to do a job. Let's just press on and forget why such-and-such had to go upstairs to see someone during a lul in the shift. Who cares? I certainly don't and I never feel like I have to talk about it to 50 different people. Understanding that this shift is a long 13 hour night, but restraint has to be put on some people around here.[/rant]

I'll post more tomorrow night. Or later on in the shift, as it's 1:26am EST and most of you are snuggled in your beds dreaming of Orlando.

3. symen

symen DragonWolf

Hey, I didn't know you worked at OFT, what do you do there?

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    :rofl: Senior Computer Operator. I tried to find an actual job description but I couldn't find one.