1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Company of Heroes

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Arglaar, 21 Jul 2006.

1. I put my desktop-specs in and it still said it was the minimum - little bug there :rolleyes:

I've had to download the game again as, because it is over 1GB, naturally Fileplanet can never make a beta setup also in small components; so people don't have to repeat themselves until it downloads corretly. Oh well, I'll have to remember it next time we do this kinda thing...

I've watched the video that Mani posted in the other thread and it looks good. Now I'll have to wait and see if it plays good, too :)

2. They're REALLY proud of their download manager software and would REALLY like you to use it.......

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Great tips asp :brow:

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Fraps is what I use to get the video.

I would love to video some of that, but I have to go through the whole game we played to get to it. I wonder if there is a way to fast-forward through the playback?

5. So is it impossible to just play against the AI? Because it is giving me a message saying a remote player is required to start...

6. ok I've done it twice now, so I can only assume it has something to do with the fiddling about they did over the weekend. And if IGN's pages crashing IE wasn't bad enough...:mad:

7. Hamma

Officer
    It's impossible in beta anyway it will prob be possible later on

8. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Arty spam FTW!! :p

Hour and a half battle over Hill 331.. ugh.. I never want to see another Panther tank.

9. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

saved the replay (you guys suck) PANTHERS FTW!!! :p

10. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

For future reference, if anyone gets a bad copy of the beta from fileplanet, try downloading the .exe or the installer as a torrent from here:

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/coh/

[UPDATE]: the download and extraction was successful, the installer works [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  11. if anyone is on tonight that wants to play, check for me because I want to play but i dont have a mic atm

12. i assume you need a serial to install? i was looking at Hynch's link to the torrent *cough*

13. The local file on that page works as well, though I recommend you use something like Getright for that; in case your connection suddenly drops.

14. Looks like EbGames is offering entry into the beta if you preorder. I'm buying anyway, so I put in the preorder. Will let ya know what happens.

-qor72

15. please do...cuz i may be decidedly tempted to do the same....i dl'd the client from Hynch link, and went through the tutorial, but w/out a key, I can't register to play online....

16. You can still register for a key off Fileplanet if you're a subscriber

Just don't download the client again, use it with the file you downloaded off RelicCommunity

17. therein lies the trouble friend can't you see, as no subscriber do i claim to be

:D

18. heh

I wanna try one more thing with this beta before I pack it in

19. Hamma

Officer
    /me starts twitching

20. lol.. CoH withdrawals?