1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Company of Heroes

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Arglaar, 21 Jul 2006.

1. Played a few games so far and had a blast! I love that you can set up actual ambushes! Was in a 2v2 and had a Nazi unit rushing in to spot for something, he ran head first into one of my machinegun nests who pinned him to the hill he was advancing on. Then my mortars, in the trees, blew the unit to pieces.

Too much fun! I want my full copy! :D

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    It is awesome :D

I will be on tomorrow eve :D

3. Hamma

Officer
    Seems they finally stabilized things, will probably drop in for a game or two around 9 tomorrow night. :D

4. Got on last night, downloaded and installed the lastest patch and couldn't get a game started... well, that's not true, make sure your the allies on a 2v2 map and you'll win without any shots fired. :rolleyes: Hope it was a fluke night. *shrugs*

5. Yeah there's currently an "instant victory" bug in the game.

Course, I doubt you'd hardly ever get a victory against the Axis anyway when it's set to Hard...:)

6. Black, Swifty and I were holding our own, and starting to puch back against 3 Expert comps last night when the damn thing crashed on us.

We said screw it and went and played Titan Quest ;)

7. Hamma

Officer
    They just released another patch :brow:

8. Yeah, like that's going to help. The problem isn't the lag anymore, it's that the game isn't stable enough to maintain a multiplayer game with two or more AI players at once for a sustained period.

9. Hamma

Officer
    :rolleyes:

BETA

I've never had all that much trouble other than connection problems to the server. I have played a ton of matches with 2 or more AI's

10. My experience has been the same as Hamma's...Relic server connection problems have been the only problem i've come across w/regards to stability or connectivity. But...i've only been playing since it went open...

As for winning against Hard or Expert AI, we've done it..although it seems that the AI has stopped trying after we got to a certain victory point level.

11. Hands-On: Command is Important

IGN released yesterday the first of two discussions about how leasdership will play a major role in the game.

The single-page report can be found here, while a video of it action can be seen here (Fileplanet/IGN subscribers can see the hi-res version here).

12. The single player demo is out. I must say, I enjoyed the two single player missions they include. also, there is a two player skirmish map you can go 1 on 1 with the computer over.

13. Hamma

Officer
    Cool. Will have to check it out :D