1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Computer....

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Kassa, 1 Sep 2007.

1. hey guys i wanted to buy a new box for my computer so i could have a nice one like my dads, so i was wondering if any of you guys could find me everything except a monitor and sound card, and i need it to be a gaming rig box. Thanks guys and girls i really appreciate it!

2. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    how much money you wanting to spend ?

3. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Post a budget and I can see what I can do. But first tell me what you plan on keeping from your old rig. (Hard drive, CD/DVD-ROM's, etc)

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

She is keeping the hard drive and the sound card (new). She wants to spend about $1000, and she has to save up--so no hurry. ;)

She already has a monitor as well.

5. CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600

MOBO
    GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory
    mushkin 2GB (2x1GB) Model 996527 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

VidCard
    EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

PowerSupply
    OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V

Case
    GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ANB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case

DVD/CD
    SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R SH-S182D/BEBE

Newegg all the way! This is the computer I'm building right now, I'm almost done with it, just need a few more things. I'd recommend going this way, should be pretty close to your $1000 budget.

6. ya what my dad said he knows better about computers then i do :D

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    This is something that I've been playing with for a little bit. It's a MicroATX build for gamers. Now it doesn't have the latest/greatest parts, but it's built more for gamers with very little 'retail space' or those who move from place to place a lot.

Apevia XQpack2 w/ 500W Power supply for $99. This case comes in other colors, such as orange and pink. But I thought a nice blue would capture part of the CDL colors while you're slaying monsters in LOTRO.

Gigabyte G33 Micro ATX board for $102

Intel Core2Duo E6600 for $230

eVGA GeForce 8800GTS for $289. Most everyone knows that I love eVGA's buy-up program. Unfortunately they're not offering any rebates, but you can apply the $289 towards a better video card within 90 days of purchase.

2GB Patriot PC26400 DDR2 memory for $85.

Lite-ON DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe support for $35. You didn't say if you're keeping your optical drives, so I threw this one in. It's got SATA support, so no need for large IDE cables inside the case.

All total = $842. I'm not 100% certain that the power supply included in the case is powerful enough, but I think it'll be able to handle the 8800GTS. If not we could look into getting a 8600 or we could look for a MicroATX case for cheap and get a good quality PSU.

Note the price does not include shipping and handling or an OS. I'm assuming you'd just use your copy of XP for that. Also, is your hard drive SATA or IDE?