1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Rayzer, 20 Mar 2006.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Okay, got me a 17th level Warrior/Crusader. Picked up some sweet armor that is quite expensive to repair, so I beefed up my armorsmithing to take care of that.

Killed some burglars for the fighter's guild as an assignment and took a glass sword from one of the criminals. The shop owner paid me well and the fighter's guild promoted me.

Got a horse name Bill who carries me all over the land. He fights too, if someone attacks him. Old Bill don't take no mess.

Overall I am enjoying the game. It's expansive, immersive and very challenging. But it misses a key ingredient that cannot be modded into it: I am the only CDL in my game. :(

I eagerly await the next game for us...

2. My wife is out of town for a conference on May 9th through the 12. So I was looking to pick up a game for next week to fill in the time.

This looks really interesting...but I don't like not being able to play with other CDL.

You guys hang out in Teamspeak while you play?

3. Mani I was playing this game almost exclusively before I got into that Beta heh. It's very addictive.

I highly recommend you check out some of the mods that are out there, some of them make some very nice Quality of Life improvements, not to mention some very necessary bugfixes.

Aeturnus mentioned some good ones earlier.
    I myself use a newer version of the Oscuro's Overhaul and a different version of the AF Leveling mod.

I got all of them from The Elder Scrolls source I believe. http://www.tessource.net/

4. Manitou

Haven't been, but I will BD!

Argy, I was planning on looking at some of the mods, but I am fearful I will jack something up and lose my toons.

5. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Install the nekkid mod :brow:

6. I saw that over in the Planetside Universe forums Hamma....hilarious. I swear they do that stuff on purpose because then idiots like me will go out and purchase the damn game because of it.:brow:

7. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol: Actually the ESRB is changing its rating now:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/41978

8. lol hamma... well my guy is lvl 25 now and decked out in full deadric armor, I am still not very far on the main quest either! heh

9. Manitou

Daedric is pretty good stuff. I found these guys with Ebony Armor - sweet armor and nice armor rating. My greaves are 20% against fire and my boots add 65 points to my ability to carry stuff - they are some type of "feather weight" boots. Also got this sweet looking glass sword.

I have closed 3 or 4 Oblivion portals now. They get tough, but are doable. I also went into this dream world where I had to free this misguided mage from his dream. It was very tough but very fun.

Hit level 19 last night...

10. Yeah well I'm level 3 i think, been killing the gaurds and stealing things from people. :(

I just dont have time to play so i'll alway be level 3

11. Manitou

You scofflaw!

12. Damn another guard......RUN

13. ROFL im lvl 3 too havent gone back tomplay since the first 2 nights, i got to the towers of the first Portal i went thru but i cant seem to beat the guys effectively enuff to last i kite them all over till i finally kill it.

14. Manitou

Have you gotten arrested yet? I accidently picked up some item somewhere and the local constabulary grabbed me and fined me. If I hadn't paid the bill, I would have spent the night in the clinker.

15. This game is so immersive I actually got motion sickness last night around hour 4!

The only other game that happened to me on was the first Wolfenstein game for the PC. :lol:

Mani, I joined the fighters guild in Anvil last night. The Guild was beating up on a practice dummy in the middle of the room. After I was given the rat quest (the one you were telling me about) I went over and hit the practice dummy. Well, I must have hit the guy next to me because the whole guild got mad and turned on me! I ran outside and the constable accused me of stealing and threatened to put me in jail. So I paid the fine (I could have stayed and fought, run or spend the night in jail). I've been a big do-gooder in this game so far so I paid the fine. My next char I think I'm going to be EVIL. Kill everything and steal everything in sight.

I went back to the Guild later on to make sure I was still a member and one guy followed me all over the place. Like he was keeping an eye on me or something.

Good times.

16. Manitou

17. symen

symen DragonWolf

That was a great quest, I had a lot of fun doing it. Another side quest that I really enjoyed involved helping an artist escape from his painting that he got trapped in.

18. Manitou

Yes! That was hilarious! You had to use that turpentine on your weapon to kill those painted trolls. They dropped painted troll fat. :lol:

19. Daedric (and it's derivatives) is the best Heavy armor in the game.

Glass is the best Light.

Daedric weapons are the best weapons.

20. Run around and do some of the other quests to get higher level.

Fighters Guild
    Mages Guild
    Thieves Guild
    Dark Brotherhood
    All decent questlines.