1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Blackice, 22 Jan 2013.

1. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    They released a badass trailer today as well must have spent a shitload on it lol.

Looks interesting it appears its a more interactive combat system. So tired of jamming number keys.

2. I'll sign up for any beta, but color me extreeeeemely doubtful from what I've heard and seen so far. :\

3. Fo shiz! I've been playing hotkey MMOs for over a decade now. SWTOR was my last best hope for enjoying one and it failed miserably. Note that SWTOR wasn't a bad game by any means. It just taught me that no matter how good a traditional MMO is, it's not going to keep me past the first month of "gee whiz" newness. Any MMO is going to have to come to the plate with something seriously different and innovative if it wants to catch my interest.

4. Hamma

Officer
    Agreed there.

5. I just keep trying them all hoping that one of these times they get it right.

6. Lunar

Lunar Development Officer Officer

Officer
    I vote for Daggerfall Covenant as our alliance. Going once? going twice? Executive decision made.

7. The Ebonheart pact seems very well balanced as far as the factions go.

Grrr... must fight interest... disappointment is inevitable... :rawr:

Last edited: 22 Jan 2013
  8. Hamma

Officer
    I've not a clue what the sides even are. :lol:

9. Considering the faction symbols are: a lion, a gryphon, and a DRAGON... I figured CDL's allegiance was a foregone conclusion. lol

10. Hamma

Officer
    :lol:

11. So that cinematic was just all sorts of awesome--as far as cinematics go. I'd be all for an elder scrolls online game if they'd keep the skill element from the single player game--as discussed above.

12. I'm going to be on the sidelines for this one...

13. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    A good friend of mine runs http://trollscroll.com/

Add it to your keep yours list of sites to keep an eye on :) also @realtrollscroll on twitter.

From the conversation I had with him this morning he seems to think the beta invites won't be going out for a least another couple months.

You guys might remember this guy he ran Tribus in SWTOR(Hooley in game) and the Podcast site TORTalk guess he's dipping into Elder Scrolls now.

Anyway keep and eye out of his tweets and site for upcoming news!

14. I agree with the hotkey views expressed here. They need to turn MMOs into a more hack and slash feel. GW2 was close to doing it, but it can still be imporved upon.

15. I signed up for the beta, but like others here, I'm not hopeful. Expecting TES: WoW

16. The only MMO I'm honestly intrigued by in the near future is Everquest Next. The whole "Everquest crossed with Minecraft" comments I've heard piqued my interest.

17. I'm going to sign up for beta just for the option, though I'm tenuously assuming it'll be the same as WoW etc.

Have you guys played DDO yet? It's actually quite interesting as far as mechanics go if you're looking for a bit more exploration in your dungeons :D

18. I played DDO at launch and really loved it, but the lack of content was appalling. I'm sure it's much better now, if a bit dated. I am keeping one eye on the new Neverwinter, though I'm turned off by the fact that it's using D&D 4th ed rules. :\

19. I don't ever see any MMORPG being more than a "dice roll" system when it comes to gameplay. For a singleplayer game every studio does their own thing, but when it's an MMO, they don't seem to have the slightest idea what to do, so they just copy WoW all the time.

Give me something like PS2 meets DmC and I might be impressed.