1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

End of an Era

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Marsman, 9 Oct 2008.

1. Sierra in this post has announced that they will be shutting down a pretty long list of dedicated game servers - including the Tribes 2 server, :( bringing to an end a legacy that basically founded the dragonwolves clan. These servers are scheduled to end operation on 11/01/08 - a day many of us will morn.

While the game has long since passed the days of glory, some of us still used to enjoy the occasional romp of a quick pub match - something soon to be lost as the master servers go dark November 1st - bringing an end to an era. :(

We'll miss you Tribes 2 - hoooowwwwwlllllll

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    doh :(

I suppose it was only a matter of time. I will never forget all the great times we had however and thats what matters in the end.

3. Shazbot :/

4. Rane

Rane DragonWolf

5. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Wow, that just seems odd to read.

6. Man...that's how I found you guys...

7. Om

Om DragonWolf

I loved tribes and tribes 2. Everything after that -thank God it's over. Not the game. -The people.

8. I am sorry to see this happen. I hope there is a way that the individuals who love playing tribes 2 still can find a way to keep servers going.

9. Tribes 2 was my Golden Age of online gaming. Planetside was the next big online game I ever played. The Battlefield games came along afterwards, and others before. But yes: T2 was the Shazbot.