1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Fallout 3 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Oakfist, 28 Oct 2008.

1. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Just picked it up after work, have been waiting for this game for a while.

My only concern is the 1st player views, but it has an option to play in 3rd so I am looking forward to that.

It is installing as I type (hence the reason I am online instead of playing), just wondering if anyone else is going to be playing this any and what yall think about it.

2. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    have it on my rent queue...know a guy from work was talking about it..not sure if he picked it up

3. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Ive got it into it a bit and am enjoying. Got around 12hrs in game so far and am still not quite sure which direction I am wanting to go, I have a karma of evil so far but I have only killed the bad guys ( But I have STOLEN quite a bit of stuff) so I am waiting to see how much the karma is going to affect me, if it starts getting really significant I will probably just kill everyone I meet except obvious quest NPC's.

But all in all, it is pretty fun so far, has some cool adult and vulgar situations which you would expect in a game set after the apocalypse and it being a dog-eat-dog world (literally). And its pretty tough under certain conditions as well.

The best part are the little nuances you find along the way and how much thought was put into the game to make that stuff stand out.

4. symen

symen DragonWolf

I picked this up, too. I've hit the level cap by exploring the world and killing stuff, but I've only done a couple of quests so far. I've been playing the game in as evil a fashion as I could, but my karma is actually good, somehow. :doh: So good, actually, that some mercenaries have a contract out on me because my goodness bothers someone in the world. I think maybe there's a bug or two left in the game. :p

Very cool game, though, it's great fun to sneak up on someone and pick their pocket, putting a live grenade in instead of taking stuff out. :evil:

What did you pick as your tag skills in the beginning?

5. I made the mistake of taking the 'Swift Learner' perk...thrice...so that has essentially gimped me in the long run. For a game with only 20 lvls, they should put a disclaimer on the perk or at least limit to only 1 lvl. I'm now lvl 8 and upon realizing the lvl20 limit and how quickly I've gotten to this point, I'm thinking that I should start over...ugh. I've not even gotten along the main story line at all. I've only just done side quests out of Megaton. Frustrating...I seem to have to redo my characters way too often in compie RPGs.

Otherwise the game is a lot of fun so far.

6. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I am loving it..... it should be noted that I am intrigued by post apocalyptic settings, so this game plays right into that.

7. End of the game sucks... what a disappointment. I completed alot of the side quests and had a lot of fun but the main quest was seemingly half ass and to short.