1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Famous Misquotes

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Rayzer, 23 Mar 2006.

1. So I watched a few minutes of Unanimous on Fox and I see a woman on there quote one of the most oftenly incorrectly quoted phrases.

"In the Bible, it says that 'Money is the root of all evil'."

Without looking it up, 2 points to whoever knows where that the quote really is.

p.s. This is definately not a religious debate thread :p

Last edited: 23 Mar 2006
  2. It's something to the effect of

"The love of money is the root of many evils"

If I'm not right, please don't tell my mom, lol.

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Abia did good! It clearly states that the "love" of money is the root of all sorts of evil.

1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)
    "For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

4. Theology FTW!

(My mom would be proud!)

5. It's a common misconception, and I personally think a huge difference in the meaning.

6. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Oh, I totally agree. Money is useful and necessary in life. But if we begin to place the value of it or obtaining it above all else, it will destroy you. The term that Paul uses in that verse in writing to Timothy (a young pastor) where he says "...and pierced themselves..." is a Jewish term (when used in this case) that refers to the piercing of the earlobe as a practice of showing you belong to someone as property or in their debt as of a slave. They would pierce the earlobe to show a claim.

7. Greed is the sin not the money itself, Of course if you believe in sins =P

If you lust over money and forsake all others to do so.

I love haveing Money to buy the computers to play with you but i dont forsake my bills and wifes needs to do so.

So i love money but thats not a sin in itself.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2006
  8. Anyone pick up the [Misunderstood Lyrics] series??

'cuse me while I kiss this guy

:D

~PM~

9. That would be an accurate quote.

If Jimi Hendrix was gay... :D

Since he wasn't,
    Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

How about.....

Big old Jed had a Light on.

10. Isn't that Big Old Jet Airliner...I believe shoot...I can't think of the band...

11. Ok, I cheated and looked it up, so I will remove myself from this one, lol

12. :stupid: :spam: :spam: