1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Firefall

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by WeretigerRei, 19 Jan 2013.

1. According to wikipedia the first closed beta started on September 2, 2011.

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Damn :lol:

3. They've changed a LOT since the start though. it's not like they've sat on their laurels the whole time. And they've actually added a huge amoutn of stuff to the game that players have requested.

For instance- Someone said the nights were too bright, could be better, team goes in and modifies the moon so that the moon actually has phases, so some nights are perfectly visible, and others are pitch black. Really does amp up the tenseness during night combat (And makes all the glowy bits on your person look pretty cool :D )

4. I was in the beta this past weekend that they opened up to everyone who had registered. It was fun...they didn't have every aspect of the game unlocked they said so I am curious to see what wasn't in play this weekend. If I get back in again that is.

5. Right now it's just a farming grind to get the upgraded armor and crafted weapons. Once you max all that out there's not much to the game. A friend and I were playing it and 2 manning an advanced thumper pretty reasonably. It could be a very fun game if there were more things to do. They also need to improve the engine. Over time performance goes to crap.

6. Yeah they said only a few aspects of the game were turned on last weekend...interested to see what else they have to offer

7. Ive been playing this for abit too with Rei xD So i have some keys when i go.. and ya know.. find them xD its fun with friends... not so much alone

8. Yeah, at the moment it suffers from the "not a whole lot to do" issue. While some things are fun, the balance of certain activities is very out-of-whack.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes because it's not bad at a core level, but it's just not deep enough to sustain interest at this stage.

9. Agreed

10. Since Daleon posted about it again and this one kinda fell off the Earth

11. Nice, I wondered if there had been a thread before. It is odd how long the game has been in progress. I think the devs have stepped it up lately though as I've seen many issues resolved in the last cpl weeks and more and more players are on during peak times.

There can definitely be a lack of content and things to do once you get tired of running missions. Not big on crafting either but gathering resources is not bad and you need them for quests and upgrades eventually. I think there is only 1 squad instance so far and working on unlocking it. I am hoping at release there will be more and new frames added regularly.

12. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

13. I played the hell out of this for a while. Eventually played everything up and ran out of content and got repetitive but if there is enough new stuff I'll definitely get back into it.