1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

FrothyMug's Application

Discussion in 'The Dragon Wolves Recruitment Forum' started by FrothyMug, 13 Sep 2012.

1. Hi! My PS2 tag is "FrothyMug" and I've already been squadding up with many of you guys over the past couple of weeks. I'd like to formally apply for recruit status in Clan Draconus Lupus. After reading over the required material, I'm confident I can earn a valued place amongst your ranks of top-notch and professional players.

My gaming history is quite vast, so for those of you TL;DR people, you might wanna skip it... My first online gaming experiences started with the timeless Duke Nukem 3D on my old 14.4k baud rate modem. I then played Quake and Quake 2 until I found the original Unreal. There, I met a great group of players in clan SOB and at the time, went by the moniker "Termie". In SOB, we played the RealCTF mod until Unreal Tournament came out. I continued playing with this clan as a CTF player and even earned the top spot as #1 ranked CTF player in the ngWorldStats ranking system two weeks in a row! Once I had accomplished my task, I recessed back to a more casual gaming mode and finished my run in UT in a short stint with Clan LiON. About that time, I followed some old SOB buddies to Planetside and spent a few months rolling with clan ATF. Since then, my only major online gaming endeavor was in World of Warcraft, where I spent six years playing as a serious-to-hardcore player. The peak of my involvement was when I played as a warrior named "Sathanas" on the Hydraxis server. I joined the guild Aggression, where I quickly earned the spot of main tank and raid leader. I eventually became the guild's interim GM when several of the officers hopped servers. I soon took Aggression and merged it with another guild named Thirty-Two and formed Son of a Lich, where I shared GM duties and served as the main tank and recruitment officer. I eventually recruited a replacement as main tank for myself and I was able to lead the melee DPS as a fury and arms warrior. Before Wrath of the Lich King dropped, we were able to complete Mount Hyjal and Black Temple, and had downed Brutallus in Sunwell Plateau. During Wrath, we had nearly completed Ulduar when I felt that it was time for me to move on and try a more hardcore guild. I spent time with two hardcore guilds before each of them had a leadership meltdown and disbanded. I was able to help one guild earn their first Val'anyr hammer by doing Yogg Saron on Two Lights. Since then, I have not been very active in online gaming, but when PS2 beta started, I was right there.

I have a natural talent for FPS shooters, although my skills have started to wane with age ;). Still, many of you have seen my ability to capture and hold control points with minimal assistance. I have experience playing as HA, medic, infiltrator, and engineer. I've demonstrated my ability to know when to call for help, when to call out critical information with brevity and accuracy, and my ability to work with the team. Through gaming experience and real-life experience, I am able to make quick and accurate decisions under pressure. I feel like I've already established a bit of a rapport with many of your core members and officers. I am sure that I will be an excellent addition to the team!

Some personal info about me: My real name is Eric, I'm 32, and I'm currently studying aerospace engineering at the University of Texas at Arlington (I'm in my junior year). I live with my girlfriend in Arlington, Texas and I've basically spent the majority of my life here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am currently working at Papa John's delivering pizzas for some extra cash, but I'm aspiring to get an internship at an aerospace engineering firm sometime soon. I was born in Las Vegas, lived in the D.C. area for a couple of years, and also lived in Los Angeles for four years (2004-2008).

2. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    Welcome :)

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Hail FrothyMug! It has been a pleasure fighting alongside you.

4. I'll always welcome a frothy mug! :)

Welcome.

5. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Welcome and good luck!

6. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    Welcome and good luck !