1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

FYI on blocking RSI spam invites from orgs..

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Asp, 25 May 2014.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

2. Eh, I think it's funny that these guys have to rely on mass spamming in order to get members.

And I thought zergfits would only be in Planetside.

3. Asp

Officer
    I think some of these orgs see it as a way to put themselves on the top of the "biggest org" list, catch up to Imperium. CIG should make it so affiliates don't count towards your overall public member count, and that would probably cut some of the incentive to do this kind of thing.

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    These mega orgs being built right now are a house of cards. They will fold or be splintered off by the time of release.

5. I just wasn't up to reading a long essay about why a 1,000+ org needs to ally with anybody :)

6. I have applications blocked... and still received spam invite from TEST squadron today. :mad:

7. If the spam filter's not working you should email support; granted there's still two days before AC, but I suspect all that's left is making sure the servers won't implode within an hour of launch as with most MMOs...

I've added a bug thread just in case on the forums, whilst also suggesting an update to the organisation guidelines be made to stop people spamming every other user through email for recruitment/affiliation.

Last edited: 27 May 2014

8. I didn't get the spam so my filter seems to be working :p

9. Asp

Officer
    Maybe it was there just before you set the filter Khorne?