1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Getting screwed with station cash

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Poopenmeir, 17 Feb 2013.

1. .

Last edited: 30 Jul 2019
  2. My god, yeah that sucks D:

3. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Pretty sure you've got it backwards;

Currents rates:
    $1 US = 1.55 GBP

$1 US = 1.16 Euro

Sure there's an exchange charge that most places do but that's usually quite small, 3% or so.

So in other words, the GBP has better buying power than the US$ so your $100 US will only cost you 64.48 GBP.

4. .

5. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Ok, I see the issue. It's not the exchange rate. It's what they're asking for SC for overseas. You are correct, 74 pounds is $114. I cannot see the pricing for SC here as it shows up as $100 US to me.

Ya, you're getting gouged.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2013
  6. I remember when I lived over there and I am not surprised. You would commonly find a business that was on both side of the pond that would charge the same numerical value for the same product, despite the exchange rate. For instance you get some special shirt in the US and it ran you $20, however the same shirt in the UK which would be £20.

7. .

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I'm sure there is a business reason of some sort for it though I don't know what that would be. :D

Did you post this on psu or the official forums?

9. .

10. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Never hurts :D