1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Good Bye CDL

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Manitou, 9 Jan 2013.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

This day has finally come: the day when I return the banner which I have carried for over eleven years back to the hallowed halls of the CDL. It never grew heavy, it never got in my way, and it never caused me to stumble. In fact, it strengthened me in gaming; it promised me that others would be gaming alongside me, and it promised me that when we did game, people would know us because it flew above me.

That era for me is done now. Too many changes have transpired, and the reasons I carried it have been obfuscated by too much posturing and too much bureaucracy. Maybe I am too old and set in my ways. Maybe I am addled by too much politicking. Who knows? Nonetheless, I return it to the team, and I charge you with carrying it on before you. Keep it held high, but you must keep it without me. The Dragon and the Wolf who originally spurred the vision I once had have been passed over. I have accomplished much and wish to leave it as it is currently with the great visions of these two untarnished, without the thought of a diminishing role.

Suffice it to say, you may see me in game occasionally. I respect the tag and I will fight alongside you if we fight for the same cause or we are allies. The CDL is the greatest gaming team I have ever known. This is true with or without me.

Farewell, Dragon Wolves! May the crown of honor sit easily upon your brow, and your sword-arm never grow weak.

2. Manitou

:lol:

That didn't take you long. Efficient as always, I see.

3. Brad,
    Any time you need a fire team partner while playing, give me a shout.

You will be sorely missed. I wish I had decided to come back sooner so we could have spent a bit more time planning and attacking like the old days.

I will stay in touch.

Adam

4. Manitou

I am going to say this once.​

I have made the choice to leave the CDL quietly and without causing any drama. But if some persist in taking to social media to take potshots at me personally without having the guts to say it to my face, I will air my take on the whole ordeal.

Respect my decision to leave and abstain from twittering vague accusations about what my intentions were. I believe I have earned it.

5. You will be missed Mani :(

6. All i can say is WTF...

Sad to see you go man. Good luck with everything!

7. Mani,

Sorry to see this happen, but it was inevitable once Hamma had control. Hopefully getting away from the politics will allow you to just enjoy gaming again.

Good luck and God bless,
    Z

8. Sorry to see you go.

9. I have to echo Duff with the with the wtf?

I don't know what all has gone down between Mani and the rest of CDL leadership but I am really sad that it could not be worked out. I am hoping that the wounds can be mended and you and the others that left with you will come back, because I really bought into the family aspect of CDL. Family gets into fights and makes up after a while and that's what I am hoping will happen here.

No matter what happens its not a goodbye for me. I would love to play with you in other games Mani or when there is no official CDL business going on. You were a big reason I decided to apply to join CDL, your leadership and enthusiasm are very inspiring to me, and your friendliness made me feel welcome from the start. Keep in touch and if you need anything just ask.

10. This all seems like a bit of an over reaction to me, but sorry to see you go.

11. I feel like a little kid who's parents are divorcing. I'm sad, confused, and if I didn't know any better I'd wonder if it was somehow my fault. :(

12. Manitou

Khorne, not in a million years. This is my decision, my friend. All responsibility for a decision is placed squarely on the shoulders of the "decider" so to speak. Certainly there are factors, but none of them are you. :love:

13. So does this mean I play with you in the summer and every other weekend now? :p

14. I'm sorry to see you go Mani, I really am. I know a lot of people are, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is confused by the decision. You handed off the outfit to the officers of CDL, and as far as I could tell all of the officers are running the outfit like they always have. Those who have stepped down that originally founded the outfit are no longer officers, and that seems to be a big issue. I understand there's a message trying to be made without causing drama, but honestly its coming off as 10 year vet syndrome.

It doesn't seem like friendship was the bind that kept you here, which is a shame. There has been so much that all of us have been through, from AGNs, PSU, CDL; I personally would have hoped those bonds were stronger than some permissions. You were the reason I joined the outfit, you were the reason I wanted to contribute everything I had to the outfit, but you're not going to be the reason I leave. I'm here to have fun, play with friends, and I think you lost that focus when you handed off CDL. if anything its strengthened my reserve to contribute everything I can to CDL regardless of my work schedule.

When you mentioned you believed you earned respect, it was kind of a slap in the face. Yes I respected you, its something that happens with time and getting to know you, but I expected so much more out of someone I respect. Don't just assume you deserve something because you feel you're entitled to it, especially after you've handed off the reigns to the officers that have been there nearly as long as you have. Don't you think they've earned respect or does it only go one way?

Regardless I think you're over reacting to a situation that you had decided to step down from to begin with. As a moderator if I step down I should not have all the permissions of a moderator regardless of my previously held position. Sadly this has created a domino effect and really shows who considers the guild as a family and who considers it a status symbol.

Edit: And if I seem callous its cause I'm pissed and upset by the actions of people I looked up to. Such a petty mess.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2013
  15. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Alright, lets keep these posts civil, and focused on what this thread is about. Mani's made a decision, I don't want him to go, I don't really know anyone here who does; but it's his decision. He doesn't have to explain himself or justify his actions to anyone. Well wishes, farewells, pleading for him to stay is acceptable, turning this into a potential flame war thread is not.

16. WarWolf

WarWolf DragonWolf DragonWolf

You're out of line. Mani has earned my respect and the respect of many others here far more than you apparently will ever know.

17. Full Otto

Full Otto Chain Gun Madman

Where's the like button for your post ASP!

18. Don't see how I went over board but I've said what I felt. If you want to focus on any negative thats fine, personally I'm hurt by all this but I've said my peace.

19. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    This - thanks guys.

20. Full Otto

Full Otto Chain Gun Madman

I remember way back, I got this game called Tribes and I showed it to Mani, he was like, Lets bring this :fight: to the :nazi: by forming a group. I was like :jawdrop: are you serious? He was like :ar51: :nazi: so I said I have my :fullotto: and my :ninja: suit lets do this. :dance: along the way we picked up some :ema: and :mars: along with :hammer: and we didnt put up with any :spam:

We did a little :thegrab: and some :magic: with a little bit of :scout: till we all turned a little :grampi: and we said :mr-t: that messes with us.

This created a good solid :jima: that is something we all be :usa: of.

just thought I would put a little history in here of the cdl...