1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Good Bye CDL

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Manitou, 9 Jan 2013.

1. We're all upset by the situation. We're all going to deal with this in different ways and maybe even vent our frustrations at different targets. I'm not going to fault anyone for what they've said here because it's very important that we: A) Are all honest about our feelings B) Leave all of our baggage here and move forward clean and with a unified purpose.

We have an obligation to one another to deal with this as quickly and calmly as possible, and to not allow this unfortunate incident to devolve into infighting and grudges. Those kinds of negativity don't serve this clan moving forward, and the don't serve what Mani would want for us either.

*EDIT* Thanks for the pictorial history, Otto. :)

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Well said Khorne

3. uh... wtf????

or crap... wtf???

I know I haven't been around lately for games... but I always though of CDL as a great gaming family(or group of friends) that would always be there for eachother :/

I knew CDL since T1 (insomniax mod where i smurfed and kicked their butts:p) but always thought they would always be a great long lasting clan..

I have no idea what transpired lately, but what the hell??? U guys can't get over it? (fill me in on what happened so i can get a better understanding :/ ) , but... ??? CDL has been a great fellowship of peeps and i always thought they would game together forever :(

"sigh"

(confused)(and haven't played ps2 with u guys... so ?)

4. I'm a noob and it has all gone over my head...

Sorry to hear that Mani :(

5. Same for the rest of us unfortunately.

6. :( I don't know if these events are solely because of the change of CoC or maybe a natural next step from whatever started last month or so, but it is still sad to hear.

Kassa said in the other thread that we should wait for people to tell their side of the story. Well if there is a differing account that needs to be said for the people to hear, then I would stay and fight for it. Especially if the site was my baby for over 10 years.

If not I will still respect your decision, and hope to see you around either in Planetside or Minecraft.

7. phafandamm

phafandamm DragonWolf

I am Stealth but I'm here. Guess it good I get to talk to you face to face every week Mani!!

Last edited: 9 Jan 2013
  8. i meant to say people have there own versions of there story so to say of why we left mine is different from my dads and his is different from mine but we will not go into detail about it cause it was our choice not anyone elses choice we chose to leave. I just want everyone to respect our choice and not bash us based on our decision to leave be happy and cheerful and have fun gaming :) cause thats what i am going to do! hehe

9. Like some others, I've been out of the loop for a while, but the Dragonwolves are still a second family for me and this is sad to see.

I've not been able to game online much the last couple years. Its crazy to think that its closing in on a decade since I stumbled across the Dragonwolves. CDL was around before that. Mani certainly didn't build and sustain the CDL single handedly, but right or wrong, he always seemed like a huge part of it. I think that even that impression can only be a credit to all that Mani did invest here. Every one of us has to know how important this community has been, and I'd bet I'm among the least of those able to see and judge that. I don't know much about what's been going of late, but I do know that I'll miss knowing that Mani is here. I have to believe that much of what the CDL is and has meant to stand for is due to the effects of Mani's striving. CDL has been the richer for his presence; CDL will be the poorer for his absence.

We're sad to see you go, Brad, even those of us who haven't been around of late to see much of you while you were here. If you should not return, best of luck and sincere best wishes in all of life.

It is unfortunate but understandable that other valued members would fall away at a time like this. You will be missed as well.

10. Mani,
    I wish you well. I have not known you long but I am grateful to have met you. Good luck to you and if you need anything please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Orion

11. Sorry to hear you go Mani. I haven't been in the loop lately either, as you know because of my illness. But I thank you Manitou for all the fellowship and prayers we've shared over the years! You have my friendship forever and wherever you go!

12. I'm not one for epic speeches or heartfelt lines. In four months I will have been here on and off for 10 years. I don't get to play that much because I have been spending a lot of family time with my girls because they are only young once. I don't understand whats going on here but I've been through rough spots in the CDL before where peoples aversion to rules and other's actions have cause them to leave. The only difference here is that its Mani who we all love and respect.

So I will say here the same thing that I've said to people in the past. Good luck to you in your future ventures. Feel free to drop a line and if you want to play something I'm game. I find it hard to hold on to any anger toward anyone making their decision freely. I choose to stick around at this point because nothing is bothering me personally. I am not a part of the conversations under the wire and its probably better that way. I may change my mind in the future but until then, I'm here. I may not be playing any games that you guys are playing right now (heavily into world of tanks - firez037 if anyone is interested :)) but its fun to at least be a part of CDL with you guys.

Now that I've thrown my first statement under the bus and lit it on fire. To you all that are departing - Fairwell! Good luck to you in the future and you will be missed. Hope to play with you in the future. To all that are sticking around...No angst toward these people that we've grown up with. Live and let lie. Now lets all get back to gaming :)

13. I had been holding off on saying any goodbyes, but I'll hop in now. I'm sorry to see you go and respect that it's the decision you want to make. Hopefully I can catch up with you on some other gaming and you won't be a stranger, such as with Minecraft. Good luck in your future endeavors--wherever they may take you.

14. Manitou, Brad,

All I can say is farewell my friend. May your successes be many and your failures few. Hope things go as you want them to. You will be missed.

15. I never thought I would see this happen here. This is the second big exodus from CDL I've witnessed, the first was hard enough but this one is really depressing. One of the best things about CDL was always its leadership. I know that when you take on those leadership roles things become much more personal so I fully understand the decisions made. I wish I could have played more with you guys over the last few months but hopefully one day in the future our paths will meet again in some random fox hole.

16. -CDL- drama and I'm not involved?

I call BS!

17. Doubt many people here remember me, but wow, Mani left CDL? Times are changing indeed.

18. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    I'm sure many people remember you. ;)

19. HEY TO YOU TOO ASS!