1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Greetings!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Jouster, 25 Nov 2013.

1. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

I thought I'd pop in and say HELLO! to everyone.

I had a job change, and I've moved to Orlando. Yay, I live in Florida at last! I now provide engineering level support for Sprint's LTE network. I worked all the time when I worked at Clearwire... but now I work even more! :D With Thanksgiving coming up no one is making changes to the network so I've had time to see the light of day today. So I thought I'd check in and see how everyone has been doing, and what you've been playing lately.

I've been up to Terarria, Civ5 and Kerbal Space Program when I have the time. Mostly 'cause they're quick to pick up & put down games. If I get the time for a MMO, Star Trek Online

Last edited: 25 Nov 2013
  2. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Heya Jouster! Great to hear from you! We're dabbling in Planetside2 and waiting for the next division to release, Star Citizen. That will be then next main game we'll be playing. Division is already formed, getting a respectable sized and varied fleet together and we're looking for recruits.

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Hey Jouster! Good to "see" you!

4. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Long time no see! Glad to see you drop by. :D

5. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Wow! Talk about LTNS!

6. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    Hey jouster , good to see ya

7. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

Imagine a desolate hallway that leads to the center of the building. The door opens to a room big enough for 20 desks with 12 monitors at each station. 3 of the walls of the room are covered by 6x6ft screens stacked 2 high each displaying useful and unique information. They tell you that they lock the doors, but you'd never know because time doesn't exist in that room, and 18 hours passes very nearly unnoticed. This was my last job and I really enjoyed it.

I kept a pillow under my desk! :p

Oh man I'm so very pumped for Star Citizen! I'm starting to worry though. The project is getting ridiculously big and I remember what happened to Freelancer ;(

Last edited: 27 Nov 2013
  8. Jouster

Jouster DragonWolf

By the way, what server are ya'll hanging on for Planetside?

9. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    We play TR on the Waterson server. Usually there's a few of us playing Monday and Thursday evenings.