1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

H1Z1

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hamma, 8 Apr 2014.

1. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Crappy reddit link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/22niku/what_is_h1z1/

2. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Will need to see more.... From the little bit in the stream.. DayZ meets Rust...

3. Considering how ambitious this sounds with persistent housing, complex crafting, emergent AI... I'm stunned that that their talking about it being available to play in about 4-6 weeks!

4. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    One thing going for it is Smed's saying that it'll be some intense crafting and it'll be as he said it, magnitudes larger than PS2. I hope character progression isn't too fast that people gear up to become overkill too quickly and that new players have semi equal chances against veteran players. This is what is wrong with DayZ and Rust but then those are dedicated server games where people can exploit their advantages if large grouped to "level" up quickly.

And I agree Khorne... Smed was saying 4-6 weeks to a playable release. They've kept this under their hats it seems.

But hey... Smed says it'll be F2P... I'll be trying it out. Rust and DayZ are fun but they get old quick when a server dies of people or is grossly lopsided of geared to non geared. Hopefully SOE has learned from these and PS2 in putting in consistent content and making it competitive.

5. Character progression will be interesting considering there are no skills to raise and full-loot pvp.

6. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer

7. Interesting, but I think I shall pass on it. Will likely be an asshole-fest within a few days and coupled with the SOE business model of offering up weapons for cash in their store, not going to be pretty for those fiscally handicapped folks.

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    You mean the way they sell weapons that you can also earn without paying for them? Shame on SOE.

Gunslinger likes this.
  9. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    I like the idea since I never really got into DayZ or Rust, but do like the concept.. Good re-purposing of the PS2 engine.. Waiting for the "Enclave Zombie Hunters and All Around Griefers Society" to show up.. ;)

Curious how they'll try to manage the whole building strongholds idea, I mean unless you keep the thing manned 24/7 any large group will likely just faceroll what you make in short order. Hopefully there will be ways to keep it from being too easy to destroy what you build if you put a lot of work into it.

10. Har Har you know the point I am making. Despite the fact gamers with no life can earn up weapons in a timely matter via ingame resources it is no where near as fast as just ponying up the $$$ for them and punish players who wont. In PS2 it is not as huge of a deal, but in these survival sims which are really more of griefing sims it is going to get annoying quick.

Maybe they will surpise me, I don't care that they want to make money, I spent a my very vast share on PS2. But imagine how unfun it is going to be for the nubs who the second they spawn into the server get sniped by Player Jimmy and his shiny new sniper rifle he just bought instead of earning up.

Which also bring up an interesting point, if we are allowed to buy weapons and you die and the other guy loots it, do you get a new weapon. I foresee the answer being yes cause you know they uproar that would cause, but now that I think about this issue SOE may not sell weapons in the cash shop.

11. Due to full loot PvP I doubt they'll be selling weapons and items at all. I see the revenue stream being more about cosmetic items. Maybe they'll also include something out of the box for microtransactions like upkeep for player made fortifications.

12. Yeah that is the conclusion I came to at the end of my post as well, cosmetics would seem the safe bet, cause anything you buy that in turn could be looted will cause a firestorm.

13. And funny enough after I come in here complaining about it I see this on my twitter feed lol

For those "Hamma" who hate reddit :p here is what smed posted

14. I am glad to see #2, consider me re interested in the game.

15. If Landmark is any indication, it will be cosmetics and basic resources (wood, stone, etc.), but probably not weapons.

16. According to the blip I posted from reddit you can rule out resources as well, they don't want to sell anything that will cheapen the "survival" aspect of the game.

17. How about purchasing the services of NPC guards to protect your base while you're offline?

18. Woot! My one advice/question I posted in the livestream actually ended up being a reality... there's a "Play as a zombie" mode in the works!

19. Another useful blip