1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

H1Z1

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hamma, 8 Apr 2014.

1. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I think it helps that SOE has been working with the Forgelight engine for 4-5 years now. So it's going to look a bit more polished IMO.
    But I think that this may be a nice little divergence from other games. One we could all, potentially, play.

2. It definitely has potential. Lighting zombies on fire in the dead of night sounds fun. $20 for an early access Steam release in 4 weeks sounds like a good deal. The only problem will be splitting time between this and the Dog Fighting Module (hopefully).

3. I was thinking the same thing, but we're going to be playing Arena Commander for quite a long time. It will be good to have a fallback game to chill in and avoid burnout.

4. my fall back games are rust, dayz, and breaking point to name a few......don't know if I want another survivor/zombie game

5. Sentrosi

Officer
    I bought the latest Batman game. So when I do find time I'm playing that. But I will be interested to see how H1Z1 turns out.

6. Im going to buy into the early access. Im wondering if any of you want to put together a survivors community?

7. Sentrosi

Officer
    I don't know if I'll have time for early access, but if it means gaming with you again Gunslinger, then count me in.

8. I'm planning on checking it out with what time I have away from Arena Commander. Since I don't think we've had a chance to play together, I'll gladly take the opportunity to join you. :D

9. I'll check it out after release, gonna try my hardest to stay out if betas. I've beta tested so many, usually by the time the game comes out I'm tired of it.

10. We had our first monetization meeting yesterday (self.h1z1)
    submitted 18 minutes ago* by j_smedley

Last edited: 22 Apr 2014
  11. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Just read that as well. Seems pretty resonable.

12. Air Drops in H1Z1 (self.h1z1)
    submitted 2 minutes ago by j_smedley

No surprise here

Last edited: 22 Apr 2014
  13. Death and Looting in H1Z1 (self.h1z1)
    submitted 1 minute ago by j_smedley

14. So I buy a hat, it has infinite durability and I can always retrieve it from my locker after dying. If Ash kills me and takes that hat he gets a version with finite durability that he can wear until it breaks?

Am I understanding this correctly? If so, that seems like a fair compromise.

15. Hamma

Officer
    Yep that's how I understand it as well.

16. My only worry is that you're duping all your cosmetic items every time you get killed. Seems like it could lead to economy problems in the future.

I'd suggest that there's only a CHANCE of any given cosmetic item being lootable upon death. Something to ameliorate the inevitable item inflation that would come otherwise.

17. Community Event 4/29 (self.h1z1)
    submitted 2 days ago by j_smedley

18. Hamma

Officer
    The last time a company got so deeply involved with what the community got we ended up with Tribes Vengeance which was a massive flop (Thanks for the reminder Gryphon). Let's hope SOE doesn't go too shithouse with their "Community" development.

Gryphon likes this.
  19. Sentrosi

Officer
    Indeed.