1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

H1Z1

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hamma, 8 Apr 2014.

1. Yes that is all you have to go on until we start seeing city signs with names and such and begin to develop a map of sorts. Not sure if the world is a persistant map or randomly generated when a server is started.

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Pretty sure it's persistent map(s).

3. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Let's try to establish the DragonWolves compound near scenic views, a bubbling brook, and perhaps a shaded area where we can sit by the fire and eat the people we capture.

Sentrosi and Hamma like this.
  4. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    I had a chance to get a few mins play time in needless to say I think with the current state of server stability don't get invested in your Characters. I have a feeling it will at least be a few days before we all with be able to play together. Be patient everyone it will be worth the wait to play together. I do anticipate a server change as well.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2015
  5. Until we see how base-building goes and how persistant the servers are in regards to us keeping the bases we build and how many wipes they do and so forth...there will be no writing things in stone in this type of game. 7 Days to Die, DayZ and the others are the same way. I promise you we WILL be starting from scratch over and over and over again. Your main focus needs to just be on learning the crafting system and becoming the most efficient to get our resources built up, figuring out which weapons do best and how each type of building material for bases protects and allows us to defend ourselves, etc etc.

6. I spent sometime on their reddit today, it is a mad house over that and I can see why a lot of people are angry, while I think SOE's intended effect is a cool idea, it is poorly thought out and implemented and will only favor our favorite zergfits in the end.

7. Hamma

Officer
    Yea that was quite suspect. They are saying there is only a "chance" for the weapons thus meaning that they can get out people saying they are lying. But I have to admit this one is quite the fail. They'd be better off charging monthly for the game to be honest. This makes it so they don't have to figure out how to make money on f2p. :/

Last edited: 16 Jan 2015
  8. I was going to buy it when i got home today. I got paid last night. After all the things ive been reading about the P2W, paying for testing, the bugs and glitches i just can't do it. It is only 20$, but that 20$ is giving money to a company who has had a really bad track record with this type of shit in the past. I don't want to give more fuel for this bad developer behavior. As much as i want to play with you guys together as a group, i can't support this game. No matter how good the "potential" to be a good game is.

9. Hamma

Officer
    Better not buy any EA games either then ;)

This guy actually brings up some pretty good points. Most people complaining probably never even got into the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2so2lp/every_single_airdrop_ive_seen_has_been_a_hotly/

My biggest problem personally with this whole thing is game companies (not just SOE) calling games like this "released" and treating these things like a launch when they aren't even close to finished.

10. What happens when the clans form and they contest all the airdrops? even from new players? Then you got a large group of well armed, well supplied players who will curb stomp any opposition. This will happen, because its exactly what happened on a lot of DayZ private servers.

The last EA game i bought was BF3. I stopped playing after the announcement of premium. I didn't agree with it, and never bought it.

11. Hamma

Officer
    In theory for sure that's possible. Here's the details on the drop stuff:

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sopo9/update_about_airdrops_and_my_personal_apology/

H1Z1 Airdrop Events and drop percentages

65% chance to call in one of these airdrops

The Caveman

• Bow 1x
    • Bundle of Arrows 2x
    • Torch 1x
    • Waist pack 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Welder

• Wrench 1x
    • Hammer 1x
    • Metal Sheets 4x
    • Metal Pipes 2x
    • Weapon Repair Kit 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Medic

• First Aid Kits 2x
    • Bandages 5x
    • Cloth 6x
    • Purified Water 2x
    • Saline 2x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Demolition Man

• IED 2x
    • Lighter 1x
    • Landmine 1x
    • Flares 2x
    • Smoke Flare 2x
    • Ethonol 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Builder

• Nails 20x
    • Furnace 1x
    • Logs 4x
    • Metal Bits 10x
    • Scrap Metal 10x
    • Wood Axe 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Farmer

• Tamper 10x
    • Corn Seeds 10x
    • Wheat Seeds 10x
    • Fertilizer 10x
    • Purified Water 5x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Hiker

• Motorcycle Helmet 1x
    • Military Backpack 1x
    • Goggles 1x
    • Binoculars 1x
    • Compass 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    12.5 % chance to call in one of these airdrops

Life of the Party

• IED 5x
    • Swizzle 20x
    • Moonshine 15x
    • Flare 30x
    • 7 Zombies
    10.0% Chance to call in this airdrop

The Hobo

• Shotgun 1x
    • Shells 12x
    • Moonshine 2x
    • Torch 1x
    • Twine 1x
    • Bear Sandwich 1x
    • 7 Zombies
    The Lone Wolf

• Pistol 1x
    • Ammo.45 14x
    • Logs 2x
    • Wolf Sandwich 1x
    • Animal Trap 1x
    • Deer Bladder 2x
    • 7 Zombies

12. I bought it, but I am going to wait it out a little while till they get it more or less stable. Like IS aid before I like the idea of the airdrop event, but like Fonekill said as well I worry about the eventual monopolization of the drop by more organized groups. Now I can only hope the boredom of especially being unchallenged on a server will eventually make them turn on each other and splinter, but who knows.

I have paid a lot of money towards the development of another game and test it, H1Z1 will just be an interesting diversion as I am making myself a strict "No buying shit!" pledge for the game lol

13. Hamma

Officer
    Just a quick FYI I've privatized some of the discussion because it's getting somewhat secretive :) It's under General Team DIscussion