1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Holy cow, Dell bought Alienware

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Rayzer, 22 Mar 2006.

1. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Yea been rumors around for a few weeks. Their website was looking a bit to much like dell's hehe

2. Omg, dell is starting to look like.............

Microsoft...... RUN!

3. When you cannot beat your competition - buy them out.

~PM~

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Or, when you cannot beat your competition, sell your company to them. ;)

5. Actually, I like Dell, so I don't really care.

6. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Alienware stuff was mostly overhyped and overpriced IMO. When I can build a comparable system for about 30% to 40% less than what Alienware has I know they're gouging just on name alone.

Had I been smart, I would have started my own company Sentrosiware back in the early 90s and now be able to send everyone to Hawaii for a true Dragonwolf Rally.

7. I share the same opinion. I've dealt with some of them and they were 'snobby' (believe it or not....).

~PM~

8. You said it all... they may have been overhyped and we can certainly build comparable systems for cheaper on our own....but who was making the money?.... not me.

9. Lol, my friend recently ordered an alienware, when he got it, it didn't work. He sent it back, they "fixed" it, sent it back to him, didn't work. So he sent it back again, they "fixed" it, sent it back, worked for 3 days, then it shut down and wouldn't even turn back on.

In closing, alienware's quality assurance has gone to utter crap in the recent weeks.

Coincidence?

10. You know, perhaps you still can. Although for some reason I think the name "Sentware" sounds better. ;)

~PM~

PS - On a side note, I seriously considered making custom cedar cases for PC's. If I get my garage cleaned up enough, maybe I'll make one for myself and see if it looks any good...

11. Then we can pare it up with my racing/ computer desk. If I ever get it done. Its going on 2 years now. :)