1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

I need Video Card help, anyone??

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by KickedOut, 3 Dec 2006.

1. I built up a new PC about 2 months ago; here are the specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Windsor 2.4GHz 2 x 1MB
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
    CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    BFG Tech GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E X16
    700W SLI PS

Until about 2 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting weird spiky artifacts that would come and go when looking in certain directions or at particular objects. Until recently this issue was only happening in Microsoft Flight Sim X when flying in dusk clouds or night time clouds. About 2 days ago I had enough and changed my Nvidia Drivers to 93.71. I want to also say that I was pretty careful taht b4 I install the new drivers I made sure that my old drivers with wiped clean from my PC so I used Driver cleaner pro, booted into safe mode ect ect....

When the new drivers were finished being installed I noticed that the nvidia option for enabling SLI was now no longer showing up to which I cant figure out (anyone knows about this let me know). Anyways back to the artifacts attached is a screen shot of one of the buildings that just flat out looked wack as hell and had me banging my head.

If anyone has a solution or maybe has seen someone post this sort of thing let me know. Im going back to the original drivers to see if that helps and going to look at some settings in my bios.

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help guys ;) oh yea and I know im getting shelled I was busy taking a pic :p

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Last edited: 3 Dec 2006
  3. yea, makes sence that it would overheat. When I 1st setup this PC I had PEG on in my Bios and had the GPU OC by 20% I switched it back seems to help. I also noticed that my GPU was gettign up to around 72C so I flipped the case fan and now under load it runs a little cooler.

I still cant figure out why SLI doenst showup with the new drivers???