1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

I'd like to rejoin the Planetside division.

Discussion in 'The Dragon Wolves Recruitment Forum' started by Warborn, 23 Oct 2004.

1. Way back when, before PS was released, even before Beta, I (my handle in PS is Warborn too) was in CDL. I was dragged away by a group of friends who were so intent on Black Widow Company that if they didn't go there they'd stab themselves in the neck with a rock. Needless to say, that eventually fell through, and I left BWC for good, and PS for a little while.

With this monolith business, I think it's high-time I get back into PS a bit more seriously. And that of course means hooking up with an Outfit which does the opposite of suck. But not with BWC, who I was formerly a member of, because they're not anything like they were back when I was with them, and that just kills my desire to join them. Good guys all, but I had such good times with them before, and then I joined them again a few months prior, and... well, it's time to move on to something different. So it's not that I'm on bad terms with them as an Outfit or anything. Far from it. It's just not for me any longer.

Oh, and I should probably add that yes, I was in fact in The Enclave for about a month, up until they left Planetside. BuzzCutPsycho recognized me from the game back in the day and offered me tasty beverages and delicious snacks if I would join The Enclave and listen to him ream his officers for making small errors or being a second late for the galaxy. Anyway, I was there, I had no idea what their angle was when I joined, I don't necessarily regret joining them, but they had some bad apples who liked to do some dumb things, and I am neither like some of those guys were, nor attached to them as a group any longer.

Moving on to my previous gaming experience, I've played too many FPS games to really list, but I like Day of Defeat a lot. Stuff like Tribes, Tribes 2, BF1942, BFV, AA, Counterstrike, TFC, and others also make up a portion of my experience, but that's just some of it. I've also been playing Planetside since it went into Beta, so I know my way around the game pretty well, and do adequately enough as a sniper or grunt in terms of killing capacity. I also do tend to drift from role to role, but I like to count myself as a generic grunt, or a wannabe sniper, or a suicidal tank driver. I can do pretty much anything else, but those are my favorite roles. As such, if the stickied posts are to be trusted, then I'd say the main attack group is where I'd fit, but I could do pretty much anything really.

I'm also in the WoW Beta, by the way, and have been since March, or whenever it started. I am more of an Alliance player than a Horde one. If everything works out with this application, I might get involved there also.

That's pretty much all there's to say, though. I'll be playing a lot tomorrow, helping with the monolith capturing. Hope to see you guys there.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2004
  2. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Hello again Warborn! Good luck on the application!

3. hmm seems like you been in and out of a few clans. I'll stick my vote in for you in exchange for that WoW beta account....yeah thats sounds like a great thing to me :D

Jk

Anyways Best of luck with your application

4. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

Sup Warborn GL on APP :D

5. Good luck on the app.

6. Hail and Well met Warborn. See myself, BlackDrop or ThroneBeast ingame, we will throw you an invite to our Dragon Wolves pup outfit. I will PM you with other pertinent details you will need.

Good luck!

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Great to see ya Warborn. I look forward to many Thunder Runs with you.

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :thumbsup:

Good luck on the app, good to see you again ;)

9. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Hello Warborn! Welcome and good luck on the app! See ya in game!

10. Hmmm... a fellow WoW beta-er.

/me works his jedi mojo

11. Warborn is a stellar guy. Full endorsement here.

12. Agreed, anybody who laughs at my accent (which most of you do) I would consider a friend.

13. Thanks for the votes of confidence. I'll try not to blow it too badly.

[​IMG]

To be fair though, my mom's side is Welsh, so the accent is nothing new, and whenever I may have laughed, it was at what you were saying, rather than how you were saying it.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2004
  14. Warborn, I saw AA on your list. If you are interested inplaying we practice on Thursday nights at 10 EST. PM for details. I'm half Scot, don't have the accent like my mother. ;)

Good Luck.

15. I have played AA but don't really play it much anymore. I'll certainly see about getting back into it if the group has a presence there though.