1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Initial impressions?

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Asp, 5 Jun 2014.

1. No Sound but I am glad it worked :)

2. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Wow, flying around dogfighting, I decided to use the mouse to aim while letting my ship just fly straight, it was like preschool taking them out with the M/KB.. Smoother to fly with a stick, but almost WAY too easy to aim with the mouse.. I get crewed turrets acting that way but letting solo pilots have that kind of accuracy.. Might as well smash my HOTAS with a hammer because it'll be a big handicap in any dogfight.. Even if they let you get the binding right..

3. I need to be able to set the sensetivity on the HOTAS. It's my main problem.

4. PSA: Holding down the middle mouse button after firing a missile will give you a missile camera.

5. I've figured out how to adjust power to weapons / shields / avionics and I'd like to share it with you all

Haven't seen this posted yet and it was bugging the heck out of me, so I spent a while figuring this out. Finally got a lock on it:

Once you hit f3 to select the PWR tab, num7 and num9 will be be the tools you will use to navigate to the power adjustment triangle.

Step 1: Pressing num7 will cause some part of your (left side) UI to blink. Press this until the triangle at the top is blinking. When I switch from the Overview (OVR) tab to the PWR tab it consistently takes four presses of num7 to make the triangle blink. Note: sometimes you will need to press num9 (the back button, it seems) a time or two before pressing num7; this is because for whatever reason a piece of the UI has already been 'selected' and therefore you need to back up in the process.

Step 2: Once the triangle is blinking, press num5. This selects the triangle.

Step 3: Use the arrow keys on your numpad (num-4,8,2,6) to move align the power how you'd like it. G1 is Weapons, G2 is Avionics, G3 is Shields.

Step 4: Press num9, or change to any other tab to lock in your selection.

Hope this helps- if I wasn't clear please reply and I'll try to clarify.

See you all in the 'verse!!

Edit: added num to all numpad numbers for clarity​

6. For those with an X52 this keybind config did wonders for mine. Flying is an absolute joy now.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/5cq20bmqug1ygr/source/Layout_joystick_spacesim.xml

1 Click the link to open the page
    2 Right click the page and Save As - noting where you've saved the file e.g. c:\temp
    3 Now, once you're in game, open the console with the [ ` ] key and type: pp_rebindkeys c:\temp\layout_joystick_spacesim
    NOTE: You should be able to use this after having already done the HOTAS rebinds above with no problems

7. I hear you here, I could not at this point give up the flexibility on the gimbaled weapons. The only way to get the same experience I see is the Oculus Rift with a joystick

8. Asp

Officer
    Thank you Daleon! That's a lot better on my x52! Still want that missile tagged to the proper button, but that can wait.. I hated the idea of unintentionally learning to fly with that original backwards setup

9. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Any issue with the ship drifting and you having to compensate to fly straight? I've had that issue so far. Perhaps the magnet mod is in my future.

10. Asp

Officer
    I have no issue with the ship not responding to the stick in any way myself.. There is a pretty big deadspace on the X52, but that's something they can fix in a future build.. As of now I've gone from taking 15 mins to kill 3 basic vanduul, to getting all they way to wave 9.

Be nice if they re-armed you more often than they do (never had a missile reload yet), instead of having to die to get new gear. How bad the friendly AI are isn't as apparent as when you've killed 4 elites out of five, and while you're basically crippled barely able to turn you nose up lock the last elite up and cripple him with your last missile. Now you're both dead in the water, can't shoot at each other, and "Warlord" just flies around the vanduul, landing the odd shot and flying away, coming back, circling around, fly away.. "Finish him FFS!! :lol:

That mod Daleon posted helped A LOT though Sent..

11. Traceroute

Traceroute DragonWolf

I have an X52, the magnet mod did wonders for the deadzone on mine. I made a new post already about it. (Before I saw you guys talking about it in here)

12. Payday was bastard at level 12...

13. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Heading to Radio Shack to get my hands on the magnets. Gonna mod it tonight and I'll report back on my findings.

14. Asp

15. I'll have to try that out tonight.

16. He's the one that took me down as well! Can't wait for multiplayer so we can team up for some payback. :D

17. Asp

Officer
    Truth! I'd like some wingman that do more than just fly around and kill no one :D

18. SGTHACK

SGTHACK DragonWolf

Really impressed with the pre-alfa. I have been using an ST290pro without a problem. Moving on to Hostas for the beta and release. Very happy here. :D

19. Traceroute

Traceroute DragonWolf

Finally got my X52 working properly, I ended up having to unplug and uninstall my n52te software and drivers. Then I loaded the default config and bam! everything is working. It even had the yaw/roll correct!