1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Join us in Rust!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by nachtwolf17, 28 Jan 2014.

1. Oakfist

Oakfist DragonWolf

Bad changes on the zombie parts IMO. I understand they wanted to be rid of zombies so it wasnt labeled in the same areas as DayZ and WarZ and others.

But I logged onto the CDL server as its the only one that wasnt wiped and the "red" bears and wolves are broken. They do not drop anything and the animation doesnt work.

So now, the only way to get items is from the loot boxes and the elusive air drop. They said its just temporary, but IMO they should have left zombies in until they had a real fix. Instead its just more broken.

I wont be playing again until its fixed. I understand its alpha, but in this case they went backwards instead of forwards.

2. The Reds are working correctly as of yesterday. First time I logged in they were brok...went played other games for a while and came back and they were working fine.

3. The latest update is causing a crazy memory leak and increased CPU usage. You can see it in this chart:

[​IMG]

The reported solution is to perform a world reset/wipe, as the new resource nodes were not there previously and are causing the error.

I have backed up the world file as of 2:51pm today in case it can be restored later, but I will be performing the wipe now in order to make it playable.

https://forums.multiplay.com/rust/98200-too-much-cpu-memory-usage-x-players-gone

4. Also of note, server is now PvP.

5. Added a chat history that will display the last 20 lines of chat.

Type /history in the chat window.

6. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Nice! Now I can go back and see what our Brazilian peoples are saying via Google Translate!

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I got kicked for a violation numerous times just now. Not sure what the violation was though.

8. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :brow:

9. /location was changed to /where. It's a different plugin with roughly the same effect. What's different in this one is that it names your general location based on the https://rustmap.net/ map.

10. GraniteRok

Officer
    Nice change Nacht! :thumbsup:

11. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I am downloading this...not sure how it will run on my laptop, but I am also dl'ing it on my gaming PC at my office.

I will attempt to log on sometime over the next few days to join you guys.

12. join us and pilfer the young ones

13. Next patch preview.

14. Just picked it up last night. Looking forward to see everyone again.

15. GraniteRok

Officer
    Wow! Graphics changes look amazing! And durability.. Will bring a whole new facet to the game. Looking forward to it!

And welcome beachman! I'll be great to have you on! You're in luck, fall damage is disabled on the CDL server so there's no fear in you going "left"! We're also been playing on another server for extreme PVP... Just starting out there so it's been an adventure!

16. Manitou

I was playing on the CDL server today and got disconnected. After I was able log back in, my home had disappeared. That sucked! Fortunately I had enough materials to throw up a new one rather quickly. Curious as to what happened...

17. Yeah, the server messed up and everything was gone. I restored a backup from earlier in the day.

18. Manitou

Okay, yeah...I logged in and it was back, albeit in an earlier version. Thanks!

19. 25th February Update

Hey guys. Your weekly patch here. One week late. Sorry about that. We did want to get it out last week but we don’t like running the risk of having something broken over the weekends. So we opted to wait a couple of days instead.

New Sky
    The biggest most obvious change in this update is the new sky. We’re still tweaking to get it looking how we want it to look.

[​IMG]

So why bother? There’s hundreds of other things you want – why bother changing the stupid sky? Well I’m glad you asked. The old sky was a slow horrible FPS killer. It rendered using two cameras.. which induces a bug in Unity that meant we couldn’t (without a bit of hacking around) have refraction effects in game. Everyone should see a nice framerate boost thanks to the sky being replaced. And it renders in a single camera – which means we’re free to use the refraction effects again (so expect to see pixelated penises again).

[​IMG]

One gameplay change the new sky might have is the with mr moon. Depending on the moon cycle night is no longer pitch black. We think this is a good thing.

[​IMG]

There’s a few rendering issues that we hope to fix as we go on. One is the tree lighting. Distance trees appear too bright. This is something we’ve battled with before – and as far as I’m aware it’s a Unity3D bug because I’ve seen it happen before. I’m sure we’ll be able to solve it though – so please excuse any issues like this for now. We’re working towards making it as perfect as we can.

New Water
    As a happy consequence of the sky being replaced, we were able to bring you much better looking water. We expect water to play a bigger role in the game as we push forward (instead of the death plane that it currently is). So having it not look terrible anymore is a big win for us.

[​IMG]

There’s an extra option in the options menu to turn reflections on/off, as they do have an effect on performance. When you turn reflections off, it’ll still reflect the sky. Which has no real performance effect and stops it looking terrible.

OSX and Linux Fixes
    We hired the new sky’s creator, André Straubmeier last week and as well as improving the sky for Rust, he’s been making Linux and OSX work properly. So Linux and OSX users should now see the grass being rendered properly and be able to join the game with high graphics settings (which is apparently caused by compiling for 64bit, we’re going to investigate that further).

[​IMG]

Item Durability
    You know how you’ve had to replace your mouse and keyboard 3 times since you got Rust because you’ve used them so much? Well now you can experience that feeling in game too.

[​IMG]

Items will now become damaged in game due to repeated usage. Items can be repaired at a workbench. You can keep repairing your items but eventually they’ll just get that unreliable that you’ll want to throw them off a cliff.

Armor also loses condition when damage is taken, so you’ll probably have to eventually throw your pants of a cliff too.