1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Join us in Rust!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by nachtwolf17, 28 Jan 2014.

1. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Did the patch release? I didn't notice the update. I did notice that all the doors are locked and only a few of them were able to unlock with codes. Maybe we should wipe and restart.

2. I asked Facepunch if they were looking for story/gameplay writers; nothing yet.

3. This might help - it's a map of the world of Rust that people can customise if they make an account:

https://rustmap.net/

I thought it might be useful since new people have trouble finding the "hideout" :)

4. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

That is helpful, Hnych! Thanks!

5. GraniteRok

Officer
    I like this one; http://rustmapmarks.com/RustLocalizer.php It does have a nice active coordinates view where you put the cursor and you can create a custom map for yourself and share it to others if you wish. A little more detail in area names too. Everybody's map names can be different but there is a general trend.

There is Rustnuts too. http://www.rustnuts.com/ Autolocate should work for our server but it doesn't seem to. No area names so you have to know the map areas. Really good for selecting a spot to teleport to if you have that option. It can be handy as a simple "compass". Click on the map on the general spot you are and then move the cursor to where you want to go. Coordinates are X being lattitude with more negative going west, less is east and Z being longitude with more being south, less is north. Most servers have /location or /where active which will give you your coordinates.

This site is handy too when searching for a server with specifics and getting the connect IP; http://www.rustserverfinder.com/ It's nice since the game history doesn't save your played server all the time and there is no search capability yet.

6. GraniteRok

Officer
    For those that played on the CarolinaGaming server... It was wiped today.

7. Manitou

Still plugging away on the CDL server. I met the youngsters the other night.

8. GraniteRok

Officer
    LOL! Yes, they are fun to pester! Poor Angel of Death though, he always goes to the extreme of thinking we're always out to kill him and gets quite agitated! $5 Bill is fun to mess with too! ;)

9. Manitou

Yeah, they seemed a little paranoid about me. They kept asking me what kind of kit I had and whether I was in an established fort. I was a bit vague and they seemed agitated by that. :lol:

10. GraniteRok

Officer
    We're in a good spot on the Shadowcaster server... From my foraging last night...

I can craft: Full leather gear, M4, 9mm Pistol, P250, Shotgun, 556 ammo, Shotgun ammo, grenades, research kits, large storage boxes and I think one of the med kits if I remember correctly.

Plus, I have in the wings to research; MP5, half the rad suit gear (I have the boots and either the pants or vest). I also have one or two metal building pieces. I'm sure if missed something.

11. Manitou

So after being ganked by the resident kiddies, to the point that they killed my bed and stripped me totally clean, I made a phone call to Granite, and bumped into scrub in TS and explained my plight. We formed a little raiding party, and brought the lightning and thunder to the kiddies' home. We stopped short of actually bulldozing their fort.

They realized that bad decisions carry terrible consequences. Oh, and they learned that Manitou has friends. :lol:

Thanks guys! :love:

12. GraniteRok

Officer
    Oh ya! :thumbsup: That was fun! Listening to the howls of despair from our young opponents! And the text chat! LOL... trying to point the blame on me for raiding Mani. Certainly was quite enjoyable, even almost giddy!
    :ar51::despo::fullotto: :D

13. Manitou

Rust dislikes my sound drivers. Going to do some research and see if there are issues. Fun stuff today, though!

14. If your soundcard drivers are very old, you may need Creative Alchemy software. I got it with my Recon3D bundle and it's interesting to note it sometimes works with other cards, as well as games not listed on their support page...

If you still have trouble, let me know and I'll host the software for you to download.

15. Killed 5 Dollar twice today Granite.....he announced he found a building by the airdrop he just got which I watched him as he picked it up....so he says he is going to go raid the building...lol...I was there waiting on him when he got there...he blew your first door then I went in and killed him....he teleported right back...think he set Home 4 position between your first two doors. Told him be glad he didn't waste any more charges because there was nothing in the base...lol. I also replaced your first door and coded it with the standard code...more details later in TS :)

16. Manitou

That dude is cruising for a real CDL beat-down, isn't he?

17. GraniteRok

Officer
    We've got to find that kid's base! He's got to have one somewhere.

18. Y'know if you map out where he's coming from, that's likely to be the general direction of his base...

19. GraniteRok

Officer
    It's a little difficult on our server to do that. We have up to 5 "home" positions that are user set. If someone is savvy enough, they'd have some placed in strategic positions on the map that you wouldn't be able to figure out their direction.

But.. Faith, Nacht and Jennyboo found their secondary base due to our one young player ($5) being that he can't keep secrets when he chats. And hit it hard! :thumbsup:

20. This made me laugh:

[​IMG]