1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Life in basic... the fun stuff!

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Asmodeus, 21 Feb 2006.

1. Hey folks!
    I've gotten ahold of a computer and thought I'd give you all an update.

Been here for 4 weeks now.. things are pretty difficult. Lots of PT. Lots of drill. A usual week has us doing about 6-8 different kinds of PT. It can hurt at times. I'm actually out with a mashed up ankle (bursitis). I can't run worth a damn for the next couple of days. It's been like this since last tuesday, but me being the trooper I am.. I went on it as long as possible. I'll be ok two days from now hopefully.

Anyway, the whole basic experience is kinda cool. We're all becoming robots in what we do. It's funny to see.

I'll be sure to spread around some photos when I finally get them onto a computer.

Hope everyone is well here.
    Be safe,

Asmo

2. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Good to hear from you Asmo! You keep in touch and be safe yourself!

3. Om

Om DragonWolf

Sorry to hear you are hurt. Sounds like you guys are evolving into well trained troops there! Did they give you a steroid shot in your ankle for the bursitis yet?

Hurry up with those photos!! :p~

4. :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you Asmo~! :usasmile:

~PM~

5. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

wtb canadian smile

6. Good luck! Are they teaching you on how to defend an invasion from the US? ;)

7. Sputters

yes it says this "BOHIC" in the manual
    Bend
    Over
    Here
    It
    Comes
    :p

8. Om

Om DragonWolf

See, this is exactly why we make such peaceful neighbors for each other. We in the US like to believe we can kick anyone's hiney and you guys in Canada are perfectly content to let us go on believing that. Plus there's that whole mystery involving Canadian bacon vs. Ham. <3

9. "We have ways of making you pronounce the letter 'o' !"
    - Canadian Bacon

~PM~

10. lol, you guys are great.

The only problem.. I could be shipped out right after basic to do sentry duty at a canadian camp... being fully soldier qualified and stuff. After basic I still have another 10 weeks of soldier qualifications and then battle school after that for another 10 weeks.... long stuff.

Enjoyable though.

11. hello asmo. hope you get better soon. you are young, won't take you long to heal, not nearly as long as mr manitou would when he slips again and dislocates his hip. ha

12. Om

Om DragonWolf

Yeah, yeah, but someday they will replace it with a bionic hip! Then you just better hope you are on his good side when the music plays and he starts doing the bump.

13. Manitou

:mad:

14. They let you go on the computer in basic training? Are you gonna be a Mountie?

We couldnt even call home, let along touch a computer except those few times did but thats cuz i was slick :)

15. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Mountee's are Police you dolt :p The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are kind of like.. our FBI in a sense. No comparison to Military, and no they don't all ride horses either.

16. American Basic

I went through Basic for the US Army back in 1999, I touched a phone like 6 times in 9 weeks....

17. Manitou

"Back in 1999"? :lol:

I feel real old now.

By the way, I did Army Basic "back in 1980". (But I think Schrike and Mars beat me as well.)

18. I was kidding, i have seen Canadian Bacon i know all aboot their culture, im not that ignorant :)

19. Sputters

20. Manitou