1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

LOTR Online beta signup

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 10 May 2006.

1. Schrike and I got in today as well. Right now I have a human hunter named Bretta. Don't remember Schrike's name. He has a couple I know. :)

2. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :thumbsup:

3. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

Anyone know at what level the robber gets sneak (stealth)?

4. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Unsure - haven't rolled one yet :eek:

5. Yes at lvl 5ish you get sneak

6. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

How're you guys liking it so far? The video i watched of it looks kinda lame.

7. Yup - got my invite as well - also ended up with a corrupt DL - re-dl-ing now - hopefully will get it right this time. See ya in-game soon I hope. :D

8. I'm in, got the client d/l'd but haven't tried to install yet. Will try tonight, hopefully its not corrupt.

9. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I didn't have an issue with my client. D/L'd, patched and installed the first time with no hitches.

10. early on alot of people were having problems with the downloader, if you use the free one from their forms though, i found it did not corrupt... alot of it was in the downloader your using :)

made a captian, but not overly thrilled with it :) going to try something else :)

11. Working on installing it right now, should be in game in an hour or so

12. I'm in. Pweor - Level 1 Elven Hunter
    Pwegar - Level 1 Human Champion
    I haven't played too much as you can see ;) Look me up in game though!

13. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

*sneeze*
    Quite frankly, I am tired of playing MMORPGs. If you are looking for an MMORPG that isn't WoW, however, then this game is worth a look at. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan (of the books that is, although that is not to say they didn't take any inspiration from the movies) you shouldn't bee too disappointed, except for maybe the scale of the world being smaller than you may have imagined it to be. While there is no direct PvP, there is a PMvP system (which I don't believe has been implemented yet). In this system a player will be able to play as a monster and fight player characters. As one progresses, a player gets to play as more powerful monsters, as well as gain rewards for his/her character.
    *sneeze*

Excuse me, I need to blow my nose. :D