1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Marsman

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Manitou, 25 Sep 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

For any who might know, Marsman is in the hospital and is apparently in a coma. Marsman was an honorable and longtime Officer of the CDL. In spite of some differences we may have had between us, they pale in comparison to the circumstances currently occurring.

He is a good friend, and has served for many years with the Dragon Wolves, even competing in some of our most incredible moments in Tribes 2 ladder play. He was pivotal in much of the work the CDL did in PlanetSide 1, and was the golden voice of AGN.

If you pray, pray for Marsman. If you don't, think about him and remember him. Hopefully we will hear good news in the next few days. I have been in contact with Crawling Kane, who has been in contact with the hospital.

Thanks.

2. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    This is indeed terrible news. My thoughts are of Mars and to his family that all goes well and for a speedy recovery.

3. Manitou

He is currently in Northeast Baptist Hospital, room 202 Bed B. You can call 210-297-2000 and ask for that room. I have tried and it was busy. If I get any updates, I will post them here.

4. Jennyboo

Jennyboo Public Relations Officer Officer

Officer
    Very Terrible news. I have been in contact with Crawlingkane as well and extended what help I could. Marsman will be in my thought's and prayers.

5. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    My thoughts are with him hopefully everything turns out alright.

6. SGTHACK

SGTHACK DragonWolf

We will pray for him to have a speedy recovery!!!

7. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Hoping he will make a full recovery.

8. I wish him well.

9. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    Thinking good thoughts for Mars :)

10. Sorry to hear this news and hope he recovers.

11. Manitou

I spoke to Crawling Kane this morning. He will have some updated information later today. I tried calling Mars' room again, but still nobody answering. Kane seems to think he may be too confused to answer.

Thanks for the well wishes!

12. Jennyboo

Officer
    I have spoken with CrawlingKane and he will be dropping by to post a update sometime today.

13. Tbeast

Tbeast Recruitment Officer Officer Elder

Officer
    prayers and thoughts with marsman , hope he fully recovers

14. Sorry it took so long for an update, I had school today.

Okay, here is an update: They have found a mass on his lung, they are doing a biopsy on it to see if it is cancer. They are also looking at his kidneys to see if they are functioning correctly, which they don't think they are. he is not in a coma or anything but he is still very confused and doesn't really hold a conversation. His calcium levels are too high, which is probably the main cause of the confusion. They just don't know why they are so high.

Right now it's a sit and wait to see whats going on. I will update when I know more.

I am going to try to get down to San Antonio to see him, but I am still trying to catch up on bills due to the big move and changing careers (apprentice electricians don't make much.) I am going to see if I can get down there either in a week or so, or as soon as he comes out of the confusion.

15. SGTHACK

SGTHACK DragonWolf

Thank you for the update. Thank you for being the good person you are...

16. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    Thanks for the update CK. When you see him, please pass along our thoughts and hopes for a speedy recovery. Understanded it's a tough one on the family and we're all thinking of Mars and all of you.

17. Jennyboo

Officer
    Thanks for the update. Give him our best.

18. Manitou

Thanks for the update CK. Call me anytime and keep me in the loop. I will give his room a call every so often to try and chat with Mars to encourage him.

19. Manitou

Okay, just spoke with his nurse. She obviously couldn't give me any details, but she did say he was still quite confused and couldn't communicate real well. She was waiting for CK to contact them today; I believe she was going to pass on more info, hopefully.

It is amazing what we allow to come between us as friends, and when tragedy strikes that all seems so trivial. This has given me quite a "perspective check". Do we harbor regrets? Certainly, but the worst possible thing to do is continue to harbor them and not ensure those very regrets keep us from remembering what is indeed truly valuable. I for one have learned from this.

Marsman is my friend. All of you with whom I spent the last eleven or so years gaming are as well. I am not so stubborn as to let some things I felt were important belittle the friendships I have made with all of you. Those of you who read this know what I am saying. God forbid something happen where I regret the next person with whom I am a friend get to the point I cannot express that any longer.

I apologize for expressing transparency here in a public forum. But pride is always the first culprit when friends make bad decisions, and I will be the first to say it: I am sorry. Remember, in spite of what may have transpired, I will always consider those with whom I fought so long and hard in the gaming world to be my close friends. Friends may disagree, fight, and even part ways for a time. But true friends will never truly forego the bindings that tie together their hearts.

Honor, Valor, and Victory.

20. Wise words, Mani. :)

:salute:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.