1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

More WoW discussions......

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 17 Jul 2003.

1. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I was bored today so I've been reading about the game ;) (probably not a good idea, it makes the wait that much more unbearable, plus it creates a lot of hype)

Anyways, what class/race appeals to you all so far?

I like the tauren druid. You can turn into an eagle and scout or travel quickly, and then turn into a bear and kick some ass.

In an interview I read that the druid will be able to turn into neutral animals such as squirrels and rabbits for scouting purposes.

How funning would that be for an enemy faction to see a happy little bunny-rabbit hop towards them and then give the cue for their faction to make a surprise attack :)

Hopefully they add many more classes/races and can properly balance them.

2. I have not given it much thought yet :)

However I will probably kill every squirrel and rabbit I see in the game just to be sure it's not a scout :lol:

3. dwarven warrior, with a nice shiney musket and hefty warhammer. But that took about 2 seconds to think about >:]

4. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

I don't know yet, I am hopping they make the blood elf, gobblins, and naga as playable races.

5. Well, if undead is playable I'm sure I would choose that. But if not, then dark elf hunter. :D

6. Something night elf most likely, maybe a hunter, I'm hoping for blood elves to be playable tho and would prefer that.

7. DonkeySmiler

When all the race information has been released, we will have to decide which faction we want to be - the alliance, or the horde.

Maybe for once we should be the "bad guys".......... :evil:

8. Ingwë

I don't think it really matters because every race can fight togeather, its just they have different starting points.

9. DonkeySmiler

I'm talking about the "factions" or whatever you call them...... you know, the pvp stuff. Alliance races (so far human, elves, dwarf) will be at war with the horde races (so far tauren, orc).......

Horde races will not be able to team up with alliance races

10. Ingwë

wait? where did it say this? I thought it was everyone was against the undead. And since when did the night elf join the alliance? i thought they were doing there own thing?

11. Isnt WoW supposed to happen after WC3, where they had sorted out all of thier differences? I was under the impression that the undead were the real bad guys, not the horde. Besides, if anyone read the Wc3 manual extenisvely in the story section, hours on end like I did, they would know that the Orcs weren't evil, and their bloodlust was going away.

Also, for my class/race. I would want to make a Dwarven hunter, an orc warlock, and maybe also a tauren druid.

12. DonkeySmiler

Allot of what I've read is probably just speculation....... and the details are yet to be known, but the one blizzard guy did say on the forum:

"Remember, opposing alliances cannot group together, so there is little reason to be able to communicate with each other in the first place.

All members of the same alliance start with the ability to speak to each other.

-Rob"

Who knows how they will group the "alliances".

13. I wanna be a Troll shaman, but unless they add Trolls, I'll prolly try Orc shaman. That's just my initial impression, however. Druid and Mage are cool, too. I guess I want to see how it goes with other races and classes.

14. New SS's where released just yesterday. You can find them at gamespot.

btw: :hi:

15. Post a link, I'm lazy :p

I like the dorfs and the dark elves.

16. Full Otto

Full Otto Chain Gun Madman

Have sword, will travel.

[​IMG]

Otto

17. DonkeySmiler

Not sure if any of you are really following the news, but it seems the rest of the races have been revealed (plus a few more classes and hero stuff):

Horde: Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Undead

Alliance: Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes

New Classes:Rogue, Priest, Paladin

"Hero" as Epic Level class when your character gets level 40

you can go here to read the article:
    http://www.wow-news.net/

This game is going to be incredible...... I hope we can muster a large portion of CDL to participate in WoW :)

Last edited: 23 Aug 2003
  18. Question is, are we going to be Horde or Alliance? Currently, at least, Horde and Alliance can't speak to each other.

Last edited: 24 Aug 2003