1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

More WoW discussions......

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by DonkeySmiler, 17 Jul 2003.

1. i think one of the problems with going horde is everybody in gods creation will be going horde so i prefer bein the underdog and go alliance :). but beyond going alliance idk which race yet.

2. Ingwë

Ingwë DragonWolf<BR>The Goose!

night elves should be the race. I mean with glowy eyes and purple skin, who wouldn't want to be one?

3. me....

Do we have to pick a specified race....I mean...we should be able to keep a guild going with multiple races right....few humans and nightelves...

4. DonkeySmiler

DonkeySmiler Eater of Gnomish Persons DragonWolf

I believe they have said thay alliance races can group up with other alliance races, and the same goes for horde with other horde races.

Essentially, this means that it will not matter if we have people playing under different races, as long as they are all alliance or horde.

The only thing that will be a pain (a small one), will be that the different races will have different starting locations.

*edit... just some food for thought:

Actually, as much as I like many different things about the different alliance and horde sides, I am all for choosing one and staying unified. Take Planetside for example. Although I do think it would be cool to play for NC or the Vanu - sticking with Terran is cool because you learn to appreciate it's advantages more, but at the same time you learn how to work around its disadvantages. It also helps keep the story, and war-like feeling going strong...... you develop a strong dislike for the "other side(s)" making more fun to play against them.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2003
  5. i agree donkey that is something i found out playing ps is that after a while u really having a dislike for othe factions and brings more satisfaction working with groups even if they are not from your own guild in trying to complete goals together. like for example just the litttles things like fellow tr just willing to repair and heal u when your hurt is something that comes to mind.

6. I agree as well donkey....I will go with whatever we choose as CDL. As far as the difficulty of different starting locations....I use to play a dark elf in EQ(yes I just said a blasphomas word) and most of the people in the shadowclan conviened arround oggok....I walked several time as a n00b between oggok and nerriak with was 7 complete zones from one end to the other. So I think it will be ok to have a different starting point.

7. DonkeySmiler

They posted some new information on gnomes and trolls.......

I don't know, being a gnome seems like it would be kind of fun ;)

8. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

I would love for us to stay as one! Its funny, because when I jump into PS and I see us doing badly against the Barney or Congs, I actually get mad at them. hehe

Once the game goes beta and we get some solid info, we can then decide which direction to go as a group.

9. DonkeySmiler

Doh, gnomes can't be a druid or a hunter (the two classes I am drawn to as of late)........ but a gnome rogue could be cool

10. tis the idea ;). I will go with the group either way alliance or horde....

11. Manitou

Okay, the more I read the more I like. I am leaning towards this:

The Human Paladin
    [​IMG]

12. DonkeySmiler

Nice!

I keep flip flopping, hopefully if I get a chance to play the beta I will be able to find a suitable race/class. ;)

Right now I like: hunter, rogue, paladin, warrior, warlock........ doh, them all!

Take a gander at www.fohguild.org

They are posting in depth, informal discriptions of how the classes function. So far they have preist and warrior.... and let me tell you, warrior in WoW sounds sweet. The whole rage factor will certainly add fun to a typically "boring" class (ie. no thought, click-fest). If all the classes are this unique and fun, it will be a hard decision choosing just one. (and I know you can have more than one character, I'm talking about that initial decision).

p.s. it will be interesting to see what the special racial abilities are for the races. So far we only know a few.....

Last edited: 20 Nov 2003
  13. Manitou

Are we going to go with the Alliance or the Horde? I would like to see what the majority would choose to do.

Go to my Poll and vote!

14. DonkeySmiler

15. Manitou

The WoW website has some new screenies up too!

16. DonkeySmiler