1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

New EVE Online Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 16 May 2006.

1. My accounts back on, last activity Oct 2004.

2.9 mil training points
    4 mil isk
    Got an elite frigate I think, moa, a shuttle and a bunch of weapons and equipment stashed all over the place.

They've changed the interface up some, not use to the drag menu at all. I am going to have to learn everything again. I use to know quite a bit and was getting pretty decent hunting pirates. Now I am totally lost again.

I'll join up with you guys while I get my bearings again and we figure out if there is going to be an official DW corp or join some others.

Last edited: 31 May 2006
  2. imo its a much better interface than the older versions Daleon...i think u'll enjoy

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    Asp and I had a blast last night pirate hunting in 0.4 space, a few close calls but overall a real fun time. Hopefully he posts the screenies he took last night. :D

4. BAH!!! I went in and Had to redo the training missions, once done i went to the next contact and was told i still needed referral to talk to him WTF i was sent to him.... So then i spent 45 mins jumping to asteriod belts and not finding pirates, alt tab to look up why the agent might be bugged and come back to my ship being blown up.....Im down to just a escape pod now and lost my Kestrel, game is still pretty boreing Solo play and Asp and Hamma were doing their thing together. I unforunately resubbed for a month but dont think itll go much further than that do to the mind numbing Solo play and lack of CDL presence in game.

5. u can be out there with them Shads...

6. Hamma

Officer
    Sure can - we have 2 cruisers so you can join us. :D The space we are hunting in was pretty safe and there were some good rewards from the pirates out there.

It figures I just sold my Kestrel the other day or I would have given it to you :( But we should be able to get you up and running regardless.

7. Yeah, don't give up yet. The last few times I quit was because the universe was so big and was so hard to get together with ppl and play. I'm going to try and push most of my resources over to the corp station, do we have hangers there if so I can dump a good bit of stuff yall might be able to use in them.

I need to figure out how to get it all over there though. I don't quite remember the best way of moving ships around. I have a Badger, Shuttle, Moa, and Crow so hopefully can figure a way to get them moved bc its 12 hops where they are now and thats a pain back and forth.

8. u can package up the shuttle and crow to move in your badger- you'll lose any insurance u have on them when u do however. As for your moa....unless you've trained your industrial skill up high and have nice cargo extenders on your badger, you'll probably not be able to fit him as cruisers take up 15k cubic meters. Also, if u were using giant containers in your hauler, u can't put ships inside them. If u can't haul the cruiser, make sure u take the shuttle with u in the hauler on your first run, then u can fly that back to the system with the moa and leave it there.
    Shuttles=disposable.

9. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

Officer
    We can get you a new ship Shads, I lost my merlin (fully loaded) helping Jason do a mission (you've got the better shields, YOU go first) last night, so we all lose them.. Some in a firefight, some when we go to get a soda :lol: (Jason lost 3 kestrels last night btw)
    We';re not filthy rich, but we can help you get back on your feet..

Either way, you were going to head out to our space, but then stopped playing to do something else; so we didn't get a chance to have you out there. With Daleon's cruiser out there too, we can handle just about anything in the belts..

This isn't an instant gratification game, and you do have to find your niche; what you think you'll want to do and work towards that.

I've got some good screenshots of Hamma and i tearing it up, have to post them soon.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2006
  10. Asp

Officer
    I've given you full access to all the hangars and such Daleon, so you can move anything you want in whenever. By no means do you have to move anything at all in if you don't want to :D

I haven't made you a director yet a) because its a pain to jump back and forth between alts, quitting all the time. and b) because I'm using you and Shads as guinea pigs in learning how the whole "roles" and permissions thing works again. :p

11. Asp

Officer
    speaking of which I'm still kicking myself for not having us jump all over that pirate we saw last night Hamma.. 18 million isk bounty.. would've been sweet.. IF we'd have won that is.. That guy must have pissed off a LOT of people.

12. Hamma

Officer
    Yea would have been interesting to see what happened - what was he in anyway?

Would have been a nice payoff :p

Daleon when I moved into the HQ a few days ago I ran all my misc items in my Badger including a Shuttle, and also I think I fit my merlin in. Then I manually made 2 more runs to fly my Destroyer and Caracal

13. Hamma

Officer
    Last night sucked we got ganked :(

It was a good lesson in PVP though - when being tailed by a cloaking ship get the hell out of dodge or attack! :lol: I'm putting out a hit on those asshats :p

14. Asp

Officer
    I'm still having nightmares about that encounter.. WHY I didn't go after the weaker stealth ship that was punishing us with cruise missiles I'll never know.. We totally fell for the whole bait and switch.. Stealth ship tailing us, in comes the tank with armour hardeners that can take our punishment, while the small ship does the devastating damage from 70km out..

Next time, until we're ready to REALY take someone on, if we get tailed we leave, and not wait for the pirate's friends to arrive.. :(

On the plus side, I've made contact with a few people I used to play eve with 3 years ago. They're part of a couple rather large corps, which I personally want nothing to do with; but still they said if I needed any help to just holler. So I hollered that I'm broke thanks to some pirates.. we'll see what, if anything, comes of that :rofl: .. As Mani and other WoW vets can attest, I'm not ashamed to be broke :D

For the few of us that are in the game now as well, we may want to consider, the pros and cons of staying as a small corp, and building up. In which case we'd need some sort of goal to work towards (manufacturing, pvp, whatever); as with what little we have now we can't take the attrition of losing cruisers every week or so. Unless we find some way of generating lots of money (begging can only go so far)..

Another option being, folding our resources in with Koroc's corporation, where there'd be a larger bed of support (more guys with big ships and all that). I'm out of decent ideas for making money consistently, and Koroc has obviously developed ideas to get his corp moving forward.

If all we were losing were frigates we'd be ok, as we could absorb the loss.. One more cruiser loss, at this point, and I'm back to perma-flying around in a frigate for a while. :p

The corp was designed more as a way to help my friend and I share resources and track each other better.. It'd be interesting to see where we go with it, but I'm not married to the idea of needing a small corp like ours; especially since my trading routes have gone somewhat bust recently, and I'm out of ideas on how to generate money quickly. If we all just ran missions for money and that's it, I'm not sure how the corporation would grow to help support us.

Any ideas? :D

15. Even though last night didn't turn out well, the couple of minutes of pvp was almost worth it. If we'd won it defintely would have been :) I almost happy that atleast it was a match that we probably could have won and not some gang of BS's or Heavy Assaults coming in and flattening us without even denting them. I'll take a fair fight anyday over getting ganked.

I'm defintely much more interrested in pvp than anything else, but I don't mind putting in some time mining here and there. Playing the market and manufacturing would have to be someone elses thing. It just throws my mind for a loop trying to figure it all out and make a good profit.

I'm guessing we could run missions together, but we'd only do 1 persons? But with more of us it should be easier to do like level 3 missions etc? Maybe do 1 person's missions a night and switch off.

I do wish I had remembered to get insurance but my Moa is back and ALOT more heavily armed than last night. 2 Heavy Missle Launchers, 2 Medium Hybrid Railguns, and 2 Medium Hybrid Blasters. Along with a damage control system, 10 MN warpdrive, and some other goodies I should be able to spring on top of ppl and let loose.

I figured out what we could do with those Ibis's, how about we do some war games to improve our pvp and nuke each other in them.

16. Asp

Officer
    Ya, doing missions is very much a personal thing. I don't mind helping people with missions, but only the one person gets paid, outside of splitting the money for kills. Its ok money, but again, not nearly enough to pay for wrecked cruisers. I lost my merlin to a mission too, so you never know once you start doing higher level missions if you wont lose a ship or two to the mission. So missions would be just something we all do regardless, dunno that they'd be viable for making money to support us all.

Playing the market is hard without a character designed for it. I like it myself, but it requires a lot of legwork to get around and see what's good for selling. I get the idea though, that the best buying/selling comes from manufacturing and bulk mining.

War maneuvers are a good idea and something I've talked to Jason about, even if its just the idea of mock fighting, jamming and being jammed, using some of the devices you've fitted to your ship without having to enter a real combat situation to do so.

My caracal is back up and running too, missiles galore and more focus on heavy shielding, and the ability to get way from people who lock down your warp drive :)

17. Hamma

Officer
    I need to know how to get away :lol:

18. Asp

Officer
    3 words: warp core stabilizers, the more you have the better your chances :D

19. I've been playing Eve on and off for a while now (up to 2 mil skill points). One of the people I'm playing planetside with got me into it and into his corp. It's a smaller corp that is generally part of alliances out in 0.0 space.

20. Trying to figure out how to get my Med Hyb Turrets to do any decent damage. My accuracy is horrible. I think there are some kind of stabilizers I should find but I can't seem to find anything close in the Market. Figuring out my range is terrible to. Right now all I do is miss, glance off hull, miss, and when lucky hit them for 11 or 12, woohoo. Any suggestions?