1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

New System Specs

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by WarChilde, 30 Jul 2008.

1. CPU- Q9450
    M/B- Intel DP35DP
    RAM- 4GB Kingston Kit DDR2 800
    GPU- 9800GTX+ BFG, XFX, can’t remember which one
    HD- 2x WD 250AAKS
    DVD Drive- Lite-on DVD writer DH20
    PSU- Tt 750W
    Case- Tt Xaser VH9000BWS
    Vista Ultimate

I realize that FSB won’t be fully utilized with the type of RAM I picked, that will do until the price of DDR3 comes down. No plans to overclock. Current PC is a HP Pavilion Media Center a1473w. With my work discount, comes to just under $1,000.

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    I hope you're putting in Vista64, as that's the only version that'll use all 4GB of your memory.
    Looks pretty smoking WarChilde!

3. No new system should be built without a <a href="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136260&Tpk=VelociRaptor">Veliciraptor!</a>

4. LOL, i'm not paying that much for a hard drive.

I understand the differences between 64bit and 32bit. Not going with 64bit, maybe something down the road, but not now.

5. If you're putting Vista on it, there's really no reason not to go with the 64-bit version.