1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Official Clan Forum-Skin

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Hyncharas, 9 Mar 2006.

1. that's because the spanish originall yspelled "colour" differently so the US does as well

In respect to your own comment and, since a few people hate the overall use of yellow on a skin, I am more concerned at the moment for what a majority of users will be most comfortable with.

The reality is everybody has a different point of view, and I won't be able to please everyone right away, although I might make different versions of all the graphical content along with the variations of the stylesheet I have. This is so people can pick and choose which skin they would like, depending on their own preference for the interface.

Even though it would also mean a bit more work for me, if it pleases people to have a selection of different variations to apply from for their own forum-account... I am welcome to do it.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2006
  2. Master

Master "First Ten" Club Member

You think the one before this was ghetto board.. You should have seen the first one.. It was MS Access 2.0 based..

3. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :lol: Glad I didn't see that one :p

4. this is the link to the final design-appearance for the Cerberus 2 skin:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/37384447/

Now all I need is someone to fix a couple of bugs and it will be ready for implementation.

5. I dig the grey Hynch. I'd use it.

6. come on!! me wanna use it now!!!

good stuff

7. Yeah well I've finished all I can do. It's just the editor/quickedit panels need to be fixed -- I had to alter the image in Photoshop for it to lok right -- and Hamma won't return any of my PMs for it :eek:

8. I now have a working XML file for the forum, so it is ready for implementation.

Unfortunately Hamma's CDL-email doesn't work, so I don't know how I'll be able to get the theme to him :(

9. WHA?

Wheres Hamma At?

10. Hamma

Officer
    I'm here. :p

I've made it selectable on the bottom left however, it is doing some pretty odd things. Take a look at it for yourselves ;)

I havent had the time to dig through and determine the strangeness in some places.

11. This was far from the response I was after. I don't have a commercial license to vBulletin yet, and until I do, it may be hard to find out exactly what's going wrong. My advice would be to not use it until I reply here that the theme has been fixed...

Sorry guys :(

12. Hamma

Officer
    I can take a loook at it at some point, styles can be a real bitch sometimes hard to tell where the problems are coming from. Overall - there are only a few wierd coloring things going on.

13. I was seeing Table issues when I had it enabled.

Especially in long threads with lots of Sigs (TB's was the first one I noticed)

14. There was also an issue with posting threads/replies where it won't allow you to change the font-colour on any of the buttons. I saw this occur in on the demo to start with as well but it seems to have returned...

Maybe vB knows something, I'll ask them about it.

[UPDATE]: I've sent a message to someone in Customer Support, as well as a link to the theme running on the forum. This may require you to provide them with a copy of the tweaked XML file and the support images I created; in the event it is really something related to the newest release of the engine.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2006
  15. Hamma

Officer
    The table thing seems odd - usually tables wont break unless you do alot of custom templates and there really arent any in this.

16. Since I've just purchased a license of VBulletin I will now be able to create a fully-functioning version of Cerberus. It's been a long time coming and now this will allow me to make many "official" themes for all the stuff I've built with their demopages in the past.

Their release is currently 3.8.4 with v4 fast appraoching this month, but I believe I can still export a skin for a lower release. It's been a while since I tinkered with the engine, however, so it may be a few weeks before the CDL will have one that I'm sure is compatible...

I'll let you know when it's ready for testing.

17. Om

Om DragonWolf

Hyncharas never forgets!

18. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Are you saying he is an elephant?

19. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Do we need to find Hycharas a hobby?

20. symen

symen DragonWolf

If he is, I could use his help -- I dropped a key down a duct by accident and it's too far in for me to reach. A nice six-foot-long prehensile nose should make short work of it, though.

/Sigh. No opposable toes, no prehensile nose or tail. Humans never get any of the really cool appendages. :( :p