1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

One of Our Own

Discussion in 'DragonWolves Newswire' started by Manitou, 9 Jul 2006.

1. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Last week one of our own Dragon Wolves was in an accident that has left him injured and in the hospital in intensive care.

This is one of those things that any team dreads - the news of an injured teammate that may be far away. It leaves us feeling helpless and frustrated as we feel we cannot help and we are powerless to afford the comfort or aid to that Dragon Wolf and his family. I personally feel like I should be there to help him pull through and to be of whatever aid to his family that I can.

ShadowSpawn is an incredible fighter and a longstanding member of the CDL. His honor is unquestionable and he served as an Officer of the CDL for over six years. I have personally been a friend for these six years and have enjoyed his friendship and his advice on many different things. He has many friends, as well as a brother, that are members of this team.

I can easily say we are all praying and pulling for this Dragon Wolf.

Shads, get well soon. Fight to get healthy and to get back to your family first, then your friends and teammates here. We are all pulling for you, and we all care for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. Was just visiting the site when I saw this.... Shads is a great guy. Ill pray for his quick recovery.

3. Om

Om DragonWolf

For you guys without access to private clan forums, Shads is doing better. He's woken up!

4. Om

Om DragonWolf

Quick update: They kicked shads out of the hospital -most likely for flirting with the nursing staff and organizing gurney races in the hallway!

5. I actaully go back to classes starting tomorrow but i am on the road to recovery from here. I am tryinh to releaern things this week

1 person likes this.
  6. good to hear was worried about you

7. Whoa. You guys don't know me and I'm not sure if Shads remembers me, but we used to hang out a few years back when I lived in the Huntclub Apartments in baltimore. It's just random circumstance that I was looking up guilds for Guild Wars and remembered you guys from way back that I happened to check here.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to ya man that really sucks. This was deffinatly the last thing I expected to see coming here. I'm glad to hear your getting better and I hope the recovery continues to go well. Get Well soon.

8. Well im down to 3 days a week and hopefully back to work soon. Gaining back the 1'6.5 inch arms i was at seems to be the hard part for me now 214lbs was nice.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2006

9. I'm at 240 Shads.. you can have some of mine ;)

10. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    Hey, 225 is real nice right now. Of course, I'm slowly gaining it back due to my restrictions. I need to eat more bunny food.

11. Om

Om DragonWolf

I am not worried about weight, but I'd love to tone up. I need more excercise. Thinking about tai chi. I love the movement and speed and control of tae kwon do but it goes against my nature to strike another human being for sport and I found it disappointing to discover the fakeness of the values they advertise but don't really feel in their hearts.

12. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Last winter 330 pounds.

Today 280.

I had a cheeseburger for my birthday in May.

Caloric intake is now between 600 and 1,000 calories a day. My goal is to be below 250 by Thanksgiving.

Damn hard. But by this time it is habit.

13. Well Down to 3 days a week Hospital School classes hopefully back to work soon.

14. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Good news again. You're making us feel silly for worrying in the first place ;D.

How you feeling in general?

15. Weaker cause i lost the weight but just happy to still be around, from what im told most dont make it so im a happy camper. Ill get the str back it'll just take time and patience. Thanks for wondering.

16. Om

Om DragonWolf

Shads, if you get tired just let us know and we'll carry you. <3

17. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

I remember a long time ago you telling the evils of a cheap helmet. Everytime you post I think of that.

18. Ya thank God i had a ARAI that cost alot, prob helped me alot!

19. Looks like i can go back to work on the 5th

20. Om

Om DragonWolf

Congratulations! ...er...wait...My condolences. :p~