1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Portrait

Discussion in 'General Open/Public Discussion' started by Om, 2 Dec 2009.

1. Om

Om DragonWolf

Here's a thing I did in clay. It's of my daughter. I showed you months ago the work in progress. I did capture some of her features, but there are many things I want to fix on this piece. She's much prettier than this portrait IRL, but hey, it's my very first portrait ever and I haven't had any training so I'm not going to beat myself up over it!!

[​IMG]

2. Looks Very Good to me, your catching my bad traits as a perfectionist lol

3. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

Very nice, sky. I love the captured look of almost troubled expectancy on her face. Like she is looking to the horizon, expecting something to crest the far hill.

4. 1/2 pint,

Your skill as a sculptor has really improved by leaps and bounds from your first pieces, verily, the feelings and emotive gestures on display in this latest piece truly speak of your talent that you've cultivated.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Hamma

Hamma Commanding Officer Officer

Officer
    :thumbsup:

Very nice!!

6. Om

Om DragonWolf

Thanks you guys! You are very kind. I have a long way to go.

She's upset because she has to sit still while she poses because she'd rather be on facebook.

7. Manitou

Manitou Old War Horse DragonWolf

:rofl:

Well, I tried. :lol:

8. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

Looks great!

9. symen

symen DragonWolf

Fantastic work, as always! :D

As others have said, this piece is very emotive. It's very lifelike -- the outlines of the collarbones and neck muscles and the set of the jaw give her a subtle and interesting tension. Her eyes are very expressive, as well, perhaps the most expressive part of the piece.

It may be your first portrait, but it's as good as anything I've ever seen.

10. Awesome work indeed. You know most peoples' first portraits look like ashtrays so i'd say you did a great job :) Keep up the good work.