1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Prey

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by Mignonne, 5 Nov 2006.

1. saw this in the store today... looked intresting ... kinda futuristic of sorts.. anyone else seen it. was intresting they must think its going to be pretty big, or it already is and i just did not know about it, had a collectors edition and all :)

2. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    :thumbsdown: I didn't like it. Gave me motion sickness.

3. i didn't play the full game...just the demo....but there were a lot of complaints that the singleplayer was incredibly short....like 5-6 hours...

mulitplayer was decent... had the interesting twist of being able to walk of ceilings and walls...but I'd spend my money elsewhere on FPS if I were u

4. Brokentusk

Brokentusk DragonWolf

First time through, finished it in 8 hours.

Second time through at the toughest settings, 5 hours.

Don't waste your money.

5. Thats weird, it did the same to me. And I haven't gotten any motion sickness in a FPS since Duke3d and original Doom. The FoV must been weird or something. I played it for a few minutes and never turned it back on. Had it on console atleast so it was easy to trade in.

Others I heard liked it, but its short.

6. It is an interesting game but, ultimately (as they said in reviews), it's a bit short compared to most FPS titles in the core-storyline.

They are doing additional content -- some was relelased a month or so back -- but still...

7. Ha. Not to derail the thread because this isn't related to the mentioned game but...I am actually a little nervous about some of the newer games. In May or so after having taken a couple months off of gaming, I got Oblivion and it gave me horrible motion sickness (or virtual sickness). At around the same time I finally installed FarCry that came with my video card, and that gave me virtual sickness as well. I started playing UT2004 at that time too and I was getting a little bit of virtual sickness playing that game.

I never got virtual sickness from any other game that we played in prior to - BFV, BF2, Planetide, Tribes II...etc. I read up about virtual sickness and it said somewhere that the likelyhood of getting it increases with age and that it's not recommended to try and "play through" the sickness in hoping it gets better. I tried that...and I felt disorientated and sick to my stomach for 8 hours after that.

8. sounds like you may need to adjust your gaming :( sad day

there are lots of good games out there that aren't first person perspective that will hopefully not give u problems...mostly strategy games...like Medieval 2: total war etc.

9. Oh...man. That sucks BD. Oed started getting that when we were playing Aliens vs Predator.
    So we moved on to a different game, Rainbow Six. Well - he then started to get headaches...
    Don't know if he still has any problems, (hopefully not). I really hope that you're situation evens out.

~PM~

10. Oblivion kind of got me very very slightly, mainly when I was outside on the open land. Probably one of the underlying reasons why I stopped playing it heh.

Your frames per second, refresh, and v-sync can also play a role in causing you problems.