1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Retaliator clarification

Discussion in 'Star Citizen Public Discussion' started by Asp, 6 Nov 2013.

1. Asp

Asp Administrative Officer Officer

2. Care to summerize for us that can't see reddit at work :D

3. Asp

Officer
    I guess its taking some people by surprise that the "bomb bays or cargo bays" conflict with your missile hard points.. Sounds like people are feeling that it's not as heavily armed as they first thought maybe?

4. Sentrosi

Sentrosi Protocol Officer Officer

Officer
    That's what I always took it as.

The bomb bays would be replaced by cargo bays. So you could take one bomb bay out and slot it for a 10 Ton cargo area, keeping your other two bomb bays in tact.

How people would infer that it would be 30 tons of cargo AND 3 bomb bays astounds me.

5. yea, I knew we could not have cargo AND torps. The thing that concerns me is that they are saying all the class 3 hardpoints are internal. I am hoping they are not refering to the torpedoes as using two of those. That could seriously damper the idea of a ship with a large amount of FoF missiles.....we will see. Worse case, if it is not what sent and I like, we will decide to melt and go for something else. Right now though, I think she will be fine

6. Asp

Officer
    Ya, not sure about Torpedoes, but that was the issue Sent, that the hardpoints were internal for all your missiles.. I think people were under the impression that those weren't going to conflict with your class 3s..

7. Sentrosi

Officer
    I was looking at this being a defensible hauler anyway. So even if we strip out the Retaliator down to one missile bay, we've still got 5 turret hard-points and the missile bay.

8. i think that there is just a ton of speculation right now as to the missile situation. There are thousands of people trying to come up with conclusions. All I know is we have a long range bomber that will ruin a capital ship's day if we ever need it. Also know that during the beginning, we will not need the torpedoes so we got us a 30 ton hauler that can soak up some damage if need be.

9. Sentrosi

Officer
    What Scrub Said.

10. quoted for posterity

11. Thanks everyone for explaining so I didn't have to wait till I got home lol

12. you are not the only one who reads forums!!!!! j/k bro. It is all good

I got a feeling this is going to be happening alot in the coming months as they shape/change the game

Last edited: 6 Nov 2013
  13. I agree, we are likely to see enough nerd rage to power a city as they clarify game mechanics and destroy peoples preconceived notions that they imagined up based on wants or scraps of details we have been fed.

I am preparing for the onslaught if they release the dog fighting module right before the dev team goes on holiday break.