1. Hello! You are currently viewing our community as a guest. Register today and apply to be a member of one of the longest standing gaming communities around. Once you have registered learn about our team and how to apply!

Rome Total War II - Released today!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games Discussion' started by GraniteRok, 3 Sep 2013.

1. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    For those into the Total War series, Rome Total War II was released today! Haven't played it yet but had it preordered through Steam.

2. I picked it up even though I've barely touched the TW series lately. I don't think I played Empire hardly at all.

Really like the games usually, but I'm terrible at them. Makes it hard to devote the time they require.

3. GraniteRok

GraniteRok Executive Officer Officer

Officer
    I know the feeling Silver. I'm horrible at it too. When Sputters and I battle each other, he'll normally win the fight. I tend to commit all my forces at once, kind of a Picket's Charge way. They'll be great in the start and it looks promising then they tire out and my entire force starts to retreat. Sputters, on the other hand, is methodical, metering his forces to hold the rush and whittle them down where finally in the end, he's the one on the charge... chasing down my fleeing forces! Drat that guy!

4. I'm too enamored with elite-ish armies and I'll end up getting this tiny force that can kick ass, but not for the entire battle and I lose wars/campaigns of attrition almost every time. :(

5. I've never tried any of the total war titles. The idea appeals to me, but I know it'd be an exercise in frustration due to my lack of RTS skills. Lol.

6. Sputters

Sputters DragonWolf<br>Invisible Shorts<br>AKA Black DragonWolf

I'm basically a white Sun Tzu apparently; if it makes you feel any better I have to upgrade my video card to attempt to run it better.